Web Developer - ICL-1267
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
Location: Atlanta, GA
Description: GTRI Position Detail
Information and Communications Laboratory
Information and Communications Lab
A full-time, permanent position is available starting February 2017. We are searching for a computer scientist with skills in front-end web development and visualization. Additionally, a strong candidate should be able to quickly learn new languages and frameworks adapting to different project needs. The primary focus is in building web applications in support of the Health Data Analytics Platform at Georgia Tech. Therefore, a strong interest and background in health is preferred.
This position will support the Center for Health Analytics and Informatics at GTRI. The candidate would support a variety of projects that analyze health data ranging from claims, clinical, and sensor data. The results of these analyses need to be visualized and transformed into demonstration applications, reports, and visualizations. The candidate should have experience with front-end web development with a MVC platform such as angular.js, and should also be experienced in building both SVG visualizations with D3.js and building canvas visualizations using a framework such as Bokeh. A strong candidate should be flexible and able to rapidly learn new frameworks at platforms.
The candidate must be able to communicate complex technical material clearly to a wide variety of audiences including academia, conference proceedings, management, business development leads, prospective customers and existing customers.
The basic responsibilities include:
- Support development of a health data analytics platform front-end web and mobile development
- Interface with backend infrastructure and be able to contribute to APIs, analytics, etc. to support the visualization and reporting needs
- Have experience working with APIs and service oriented architecture for integrating data from multiple API sources
- Support the development of new business via briefings, proposal writing, etc.
Required skills include:
- Experience in front-end visualization platforms, specifically D3.js and Bokeh
- Experience in frontend web development including experience with MVC frontend frameworks such as Angular.js. Experience with Kibana is also a plus
- Passion for health analytics and better delivery of care
- Track-record of successful teamwork
- Track-record of taking initiative on projects
Occassionally travel may be required in presenting research, developing business, meeting with customers and demonstrating applied solutions.
Candidate must be a US citizen eligible for a security clearance. An active clearance is not required at time of application but is highly preferred.
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Ranked as the #7 best public university, Georgia Tech provides a focused, technologically based education to more than 21,500 undergraduate and graduate students.
Georgia Tech has many nationally recognized programs, all top-ranked by peers and publications alike, and is ranked in the nation’s top 10 public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
Degrees are offered through the colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.
The strong academic work ethic at Tech is balanced by a collegiate atmosphere incorporating both intercollegiate and intramural sports, campus traditions, and some 400 student organizations.
Alongside their academic achievements, Tech students are also active in the community, earning a well-rounded education through community service activities.
As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 centers focused on interdisciplinary research that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to American government, industry, and business.
There is no doubt that Georgia Tech stands out as a distinctively different kind of university, one that is eagerly encouraging and developing the revolutionary technologies of the 21st century.
Equipped with the extremely rich resources of an outstanding student body and faculty; strong partnerships with business, industry, and government; and support from alumni and friends, Georgia Tech is designing a future of global preeminence, leadership, and service.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Web Developer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Communications Jobs
- View more Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Jobs