W3-Professorship for Autonomous, Learning Robots (Carl-Zeiss-Foundation)
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
- Information Technology
- Computer Programming/Systems
- Software Engineering
- Control Systems
The Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) combines its three core tasks: research, higher education, and innovation within one mission. With about 9,400 employees and 25,000 students, KIT is one of the big institutions of research and higher education in natural sciences and engineering in Europe.
The Institute of Anthropomatics and Robotics within the Division 2 – Informatics, Economics, and Society – is seeking to fill, as soon as possible, the position of a
Professor (W3) on Autonomous, Learning Robots
The successful candidate is expected to be a highly qualified and internationally well-established person in the field of machine learning in robotics and at least one of the following application areas of learning in robotics like
- interactive hybride learning
- image-based, speech-based or bio-signal based learning
- human-robot-interaction for exoskeletons
- human-robot-cooperation / human-robot-teaming
A main goal of the professorship is to establish formal methods to analyze the dependability of learned knowledge and learned behaviours of autonomous robots.
The successful candidate strengthens the research and teaching abilities in the areas of artificial intelligence, robotics and anthropomatics at the KIT Department of Informatics.
A commitment to teaching German-language courses in Informatics is expected. A transition period for acquiring German language skills is provided.
The successful candidate will be part of the collegial leadership of the Institute of Anthropomatics and Robotics and is expected to actively participate in the administrative activities of the Department of Informatics and contribute to the KIT center Information – Systems – Technologies as well as to the KIT research activities within the Helmholtz Association.
KIT is pursuing a gender equality policy and encourages women to apply. Furthermore, in case of equal qualification preference is given to applicants with disabilities.
Submit applications including CV, list of publications, credentials, and a perspective statement of not more than four pages by April 24, 2017 to the following address: Dean, Department of Informatics, Karlsruhe Institute for Technology, Am Fasanengarten 5, 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information contact Prof. Tamim Asfour, Tel.: 0721/608-47379, e-mail:email@example.com
KIT – The Research University in the Helmholtz Association
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Information Technology Jobs
- View more Computer Programming/Systems Jobs
- View more Robotics Jobs
- View more Software Engineering Jobs
- View more Control Systems Jobs
- View more Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) Jobs
View More Jobs in Karlsruhe, BW:
- View more jobs in Karlsruhe, state_BW
- Information Technology jobs in Karlsruhe, state_BW
- Computer Programming/Systems jobs in Karlsruhe, state_BW
- Robotics jobs in Karlsruhe, state_BW
- Software Engineering jobs in Karlsruhe, state_BW
- Control Systems jobs in Karlsruhe, state_BW
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) jobs in Karlsruhe, state_BW