VCP Engineer - Electrical Engineer
Job Title:VCP Engineer - Electrical Engineer
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Healthcare at http://www.gehealthcare.com provides transformational medical
technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable
healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough
challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery,
biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps
medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
**More About Careers at GE**
**Learn More About GE**
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
VCP (variable cost productivity) is a key customer value differentiator and competitive advantage for Imaging business growth. VCP engineers are key part of Imaging Engineering COE and VCP team to drive product and service cost out.
1. Execute with limited guidance the design, development, analysis , and evaluation of assigned VCP projects that meet business standards, practices and procedures and the product / program requirements
2. Develop action plans to anticipate and respond to project risks
3. Support and coordinate with cross-functional VCP teams
4. Provide timely communication and recommendations on significant issues or developments
5. Be responsible for defining, estimating, leading and coordinating work or projects within functional area(s) of expertise
6. Participate and present in technical and program reviews
7. Document technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
8. Prepare invention disclosures to protect the technology that provides a competitive advantage to the business
9. Help define and execute on VCP team strategies
10. Help establish overall VCP team goals, metrics, capturing of lessons-learned, and developing robust VCP processes and practices
1. BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
2. 5 years engineering experience in a related field
3. Technical knowledge and experience in determining Electrical Design Parameters required to meeting products requirements and applicable national and international codes/Standards/directives.
4. Ability to generate ideas and execute projects to simplify electrical design.
5. Ability to perform Engineering Analysis to ensure Electrical Design Integrity of the product to meet environmental & operation conditions specified
6. Knowledge of manufacturing operation and processes
7. Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and collaborative skills
8. Ability to synthesize information from different engineering disciplines
9. Ability to effectively present information to project and functional management and to customers, subcontractors, and suppliers
10. Ability to write specifications, procedures, and manuals that conform to prescribed style and format
11. Solid oral and written communication skills
12. Strong interpersonal skills
Quality Specific Goals:
1.Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2.Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3.Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4.Drive compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before approving Design Control FDRs and NPI program milestones
5.Identify continuous improvement activities by initiating the implementation of process and product quality improvement initiatives
1. M.S./Ph.D. of engineering or related fields
2. 5 years of experiences in engineering of Electrical components and systems
3. Demonstrated capability and experience with VCP, value engineering, design to value
4. Demonstrated capability and experience with Should Cost analysis and process
5. Proven track record of exceeding performance expectations
6. Knowledge of GE Healthcare products, NPI process, and engineering working systems
**Locations:** United States; Wisconsin; Waukesha
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Location:Waukesha, WI, 53189, USA