VCP Engineer - Electrical Engineer
Job Title:VCP Engineer - Electrical Engineer
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Healthcare at http://www.gehealthcare.com provides transformational medical
technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable
healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough
challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery,
biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps
medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
**More About Careers at GE**
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Variable cost productivity (VCP) is critical to the success of GE Healthcare and Imaging. It is a key customer value differentiator and competitive advantage for business
growth. VCP engineers are a key part of the Imaging Engineering center of excellence. The team executes on strategic and high value cost reduction projects. As a VCP Electrical Engineer, you will focus on driving down product and service cost.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
1. Execute design to engineering standards
2. Design of Analog and/or Digital (may include FPGAs) electrical circuit boards, components and interconnects
3. Support development of new cost reduction concepts and associated business case details for Imaging Modality VCP Leads
4. Serve as technical resource for driving material cost reduction through design changes, supplier transfers, or should cost analyses that drive lower negotiated supplier pricing.
5. Develop innovative designs to meet all requirements for performance, reliability, cost and manufacturability
6. Work with VCP team and/or technical leadership to ensure that the technical deliverables are consistent with the goals of larger programs, projects or initiatives
7. Lead design visualization efforts with Electrical CAD and Simulation tools
8. Help define and execute on VCP team strategies
9. Identify and develop new opportunities to leverage Strategic Sourcing objectives and Common Technology initiatives in the modality product line
10. Help execute overall VCP team goals, metrics, capturing of lessons-learned, and developing robust VCP processes and practices
11. Define and execute component design verification and system level validation
12. Document technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
13. Seek mentoring to learn and solve problems
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
1. BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience and 2 years relevant work experience
2. Basic working knowledge of electrical engineering disciplines including analog, digital, power, controls, embedded systems and programming.
3. Knowledge of quality and safety standards as related to electrical and electronic systems
4. Experience with design capture and circuit board layout tools (Cadence Allegro, Capture, CIS, Orcad)
5. Familiarity with standard schematic drafting symbols and practices, test specifications, circuit board and higher level assembly product structuring, electronic component packaging and electronic manufacturing processes.
6. Demonstrated experience with concepts, techniques and tools for electrical analysis and simulation
7. Experience with methods and tools related to reliability growth, failure analysis, design for manufacturing, sustainability and quality engineering
1. Relevant work experience - demonstrated technical leadership capability in integration activities
2. Self-starter, energizing, results oriented and able to multi-task
3. Excellent teamwork, coordination and communication skills
4. Ability to meet aggressive reliability, performance, cost, serviceability, and delivery targets
5. Effective oral and written communication skills
6. Global project experience
7. EMC compatible design/solution experience
8. Circuit design and simulation tool experience
9. Knowledge of UL/ETL/IEC standards and how they apply to designs
10. Rohs compatible designs/solutions experience
11. Experience with Weibull Analysis and DFR tools
**Locations:** United States; Wisconsin; Waukesha
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Location:Waukesha, WI, 53189, USA