Test Engineer- ELSYS 1194
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
Location: Atlanta, GA
Description: ELSYS Test Engineer
ATLANTA – MIDTOWN BUILDING
This position supports system and software test of embedded and Windows software for Department of Defense aircraft improvement programs. As a Test Engineer you will need to:
- Develop and update test plans, procedures and report documentation.
- Execute developed test procedures and document results in a formal setting.
- Technically coordinate a cross-functional team to develop test solutions for our DoD customer ensuring all products meet allocated requirements and design through formal testing.
- Maintain and create test scripts, files and data that support formal testing.
- Work in an integrated product team and understand system and unit level requirements in order to create test plans and procedures.
- Utilize existing system specifications, interface definitions, and aircraft avionics in the development of test procedures.
- Ensure that all technical work is performed and documented to appropriate professional standards.
- Develop test estimates for proposed work and status current tasking.
- Experience in test engineering processes and methodologies applicable to complex military systems development.
- Manual, ad hoc, black and white box testing.
- Strong collaboration, organization, teaming and communication abilities.
- Ability to work well individually or in a group setting.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints.
- Ability to create and deliver technical presentations effectively.
- Minimum 5 years of applicable experience in a technical field.
- Python or similar scripting language.
- Experience with 1553 data bus, avionics systems, Electronic Warfare systems, tactical data links, military radios, and open systems architectures.
- Experience with system security and safety engineering.
- Experience with configuration management and requirements management systems.
- Experience directing small teams of employees as a task leader
- Active DOD clearance
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or related field. Some post graduate education is preferred.
- MUST BE US Citizen and eligible for DOD clearance
ABOUT GEORGIA TECH RESEARCH INSTITUTE:
GTRI is a group of world-class engineers and scientists, solving challenging problems for our customers through innovation, cutting edge applied research, and a collaborative work environment.
We have been recognized as one of Atlanta’s Best Places to Work by the Atlanta Business Chronicle 4 of the last 5 years, and offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, and a great location. Professional growth opportunities include support for advanced degrees, patent rights, and freedom for approved outside consulting, periodic special courses on technical and leadership topics, and support for paper preparation and presentation.
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Ranked as the #7 best public university, Georgia Tech provides a focused, technologically based education to more than 21,500 undergraduate and graduate students.
Georgia Tech has many nationally recognized programs, all top-ranked by peers and publications alike, and is ranked in the nation’s top 10 public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
Degrees are offered through the colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.
The strong academic work ethic at Tech is balanced by a collegiate atmosphere incorporating both intercollegiate and intramural sports, campus traditions, and some 400 student organizations.
Alongside their academic achievements, Tech students are also active in the community, earning a well-rounded education through community service activities.
As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 centers focused on interdisciplinary research that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to American government, industry, and business.
There is no doubt that Georgia Tech stands out as a distinctively different kind of university, one that is eagerly encouraging and developing the revolutionary technologies of the 21st century.
Equipped with the extremely rich resources of an outstanding student body and faculty; strong partnerships with business, industry, and government; and support from alumni and friends, Georgia Tech is designing a future of global preeminence, leadership, and service.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Test Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Jobs