Tenure Track or Tenured Professor in Embedded Systems in Biomedical Technology
Aalto University, School of Electrical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Programming/Systems
- Electronics Engineer
- Environment, Health, and Safety
Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future. Aalto University has six schools with nearly 20 000 students and more than 400 professors. Our campuses are located in Espoo and Helsinki, Finland.
Aalto University Department of Electrical Engineering and Automation invites applications for
TENURE TRACK OR TENURED PROFESSOR IN EMBEDDED SYSTEMS IN BIOMEDICAL TECHNOLOGY
We seek experts in the field of embedded systems especially related to translational research in biomedical technology.
The research and teaching in embedded systems especially for biomedical applications include new methods and technologies to tackle major challenges in health care. Microtechnologies, new materials and ICT enable new solutions that improve the quality of care and have potential for preventive services as well as improvements in rehabilitation. The department has established a unit, called Health Factory, for translational research including a close collaboration with the major healthcareorganizations in Finland and abroad.
The current research topics include new applications and methods for medical imaging and advanced data analysis, modeling of electromagnetic interactions with human body, cardiovascular and neurological diagnostics and rehabilitation techniques, microsystems technology and assistive robotics. In addition to high scientific impact the goal is also to generate new innovations. A strong ecosystem has been created in collaboration with public institutions and companies in the field of medical technology by establishing such units as Aalto Health Platform and Health Capital Helsinki.
The position will be filled preferably at the Associate Professor or Full Professor level. The position will be located on the Aalto University campus in Espoo (Otaniemi).
The Department of Electrical Engineering and Automation (EEA) of the Aalto University School of Electrical Engineering is an ecosystem where scientists and engineers from different fields interact and work together by crossing over traditional boundaries to solve the most challenging scientific and technological problems, to provide excellent education and to produce wellbeing for the society. Research in EEA is organized in four focus areas, Power systems and conversion; Control, robotics and autonomous systems; Well-being and smart living environment; Industrial electronics and informatics. Because of the interdisciplinary nature, the EEA partner network covers a large share of Finnish and international industries from the energy sector to manufacturing industries, including many machinery production companies, medical sector, cities and public organizations, and service providers. There have been several spin-off companies utilizing the research results. (http://eea.aalto.fi/en/)
We look for applicants who have:
- A doctorate in electrical engineering/information and computer science or in a related field
- Potential to carry out research and attract research funding at the highest level
- Passion and ability to teach at the undergraduate and/or graduate levels
- Ability to create a high level international collaboration
- Skills to cooperate with other research groups using jointly operated infrastructure
The requirements are based on
- Research work, scientific output
- Teaching merits and competence
- Activity in the scientific community, academic leadership and societal interaction
Please see the details about the evaluation criteria at www.aalto.fi/en/about/careers/tenure_track/evaluation/. More information of the tenure track system at Aalto University is available at www.aalto.fi/tenuretrack.
Aalto University follows the salary system of the Finnish universities, but applicants can also provide their own requests.
How to apply
The application materials for the tenure track position should include the following:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae (with contact information and ResearcherID number)
- List of publications in which the 5 most significant publications are highlighted
- A research statement describing past research and plans for future research
- A teaching portfolio describing teaching experience and plans for teaching
- Contact information of possible references
All material should be submitted in English and must be in standard .pdf format. Applications shall consist of one single file with file name “lastname_firstname_application.pdf”. The first document of the pdf file is the cover letter, followed by the appendices in the order given in the list above.
The applications for the tenure track positions are to be addressed to the President of Aalto University. Please refer to the name of the position concerned in your application. Submit the application online through recruitment system via “Apply for this job” link below, no later than on March 31, 2017.
Read further information and apply through link: http://www.aalto.fi/en/about/careers/jobs/view/1181/
Aalto University reserves the right for justified reasons to leave the position open or to extend the application period.
For additional information, please contact Head of the Department, Professor Jorma Kyyrä, jorma.kyyra(at)aalto.fi or in recruitment process related questions HR Coordinator Jaana Hänninen, jaana.hanninen(at)aalto.fi.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Biomedical Engineering Technician Jobs
- View more Biomedical Engineering Jobs
- View more Computer Engineering Jobs
- View more Computer Programming/Systems Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Environment, Health, and Safety Jobs
- View more Aalto University, School of Electrical Engineering Jobs