Tenure Track Assistant Professor, Electrical Engineering
Sonoma State Univ., Engineering Science Dept.
- Electronics Engineer
- Computer Engineering
The Department of Engineering Science within the School of Science & Technology (SST) at Sonoma State University (SSU) is seeking a highly motivated teacher/scholar at the Assistant Professor level to start in August 2017. The Department of Engineering Science offers a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with specializations in electronics and communications and a master's degree with specializations in communications and photonics, and computer hardware and software systems. The successful candidate will teach electrical engineering courses and laboratories at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
In addition to teaching face-to-face courses, the successful candidate is expected to be actively involved in external/internal grant writing and building collaborative research projects with the local industry. The Department takes pride in teaching excellence and hands-on student-centered research and projects. We are committed to expanding and diversifying participation for groups traditionally underrepresented in electrical engineering, and we strongly encourage faculty candidates with similar goals and relevant experience to apply.
To apply for this position, go to www.sonoma.edu/jobs and select Job Opportunities - External Applicants (Keywords Engineering / Posted: Anytime). For more information please contact email@example.com.
To be recommended for appointment, candidates must have the following:
- A Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field on or before the start date.
- Demonstrated excellence in face-to-face classroom teaching at the undergraduate and/or graduate levels;
- Ability and interest to teach a wide range of courses related to Electrical Engineering;
- Demonstrated ability to develop new and improve existing hands-on real-world laboratory experiments for undergraduate and graduate students;
- Demonstrated involvement in scholarly research and seeking external grants;
To be recommended for tenure, candidates must demonstrate satisfactory performance in four areas: teaching effectiveness; research and scholarship; University service; and public community service. Although tenure may be granted at any time, contract provisions specify that "the normal period of probation shall be a total of six (6) years of full-time probationary service and credited service, if any. Any deviation from the normal six (6) year probationary period shall be the decision of the President following his/her consideration of recommendations from the department or equivalent unit and appropriate administrator(s).” Tenure is required for promotion above the level of Associate Professor.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Assistant Professor Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Faculty Jobs
- View more Computer Engineering Jobs
- View more Communications Jobs
- View more Sonoma State Univ., Engineering Science Dept. Jobs
View More Jobs in Rohnert Park, CA:
- View more jobs in Rohnert Park, California
- Assistant Professor jobs in Rohnert Park, California
- Electronics Engineer jobs in Rohnert Park, California
- Faculty jobs in Rohnert Park, California
- Computer Engineering jobs in Rohnert Park, California
- Communications jobs in Rohnert Park, California
- Sonoma State Univ., Engineering Science Dept. jobs in Rohnert Park, California