Systems Integration Engineer - ELSYS - 1308
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
- Electronics Engineer
Location: Lexington Park, MD
Description: Systems Integration Engineer – ELSYS
Job Classification: Research Faculty
Areas of Expertise: Avionics; Cyber Security; Military Vehicles; Sensors/Optics; Electronic Warfare; RF; Ethernet; 1553 Data Bus;
Functional Roles: Systems Engineer, Test and Evaluation Engineer, Program Manager,
Degree: Master's Degree in Technical Discipline
Level of Experience: Senior Level
Field of Study: Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Rank: Senior Research Scientist (SRS), Senior Research Engineer (SRE), Principal Research Scientist (PRS), Principal Research Engineer (PRE)
Location: Lexington Park, Maryland
Job Type: Full Time
Electronic Systems Laboratory (ELSYS)
Summary of Description:
The candidate will provide systems engineering and technical/operational subject matter expertise for ongoing sponsored programs where GTRI is accomplishing modernization efforts for the NAVAIR community. The successful applicant must have excellent interpersonal communications skills and excellent ability to prepare and present briefings to senior program leadership. Responsibilities will require development and management of project system engineering requirements and schedules in conjunction with GTRI project leadership.
- Systems Engineering
- Aircraft Integration
- Program Management
- Developmental and Operational Test and Evaluation
- Subject Matter Expertise for rotary wing/fixed wing aircraft systems and sensors
Core competencies for this position:
- A strong interest in solving complex problems found in real-time software due to multiple processes and threads working in harmony to accomplish the system’s purpose under timeline constraints
- Project management skills with strong planning, organizing and teaming abilities
- Works well individually or in a group setting
- Ability to effectively work under pressure and time constraints
- Proven ability to prepare presentations and effectively deliver information to various audiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to self-motivate and derive specific requirements from general tasking descriptions
- Advance systems engineering and technical/operational skills
- Ability to assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner
- Can make decisions and perform assigned tasks without direct supervision
- Must have a Master’s degree with at least 10 years or more of relevant experience
- US Citizenship
- DoD Secret clearance or ability to obtain a clearance within six months after your employment with Georgia Tech Research Institute begins is required
- DoD contract work experience
- Technical and Operational military experience
- Previous experience work with the NAVAIR community
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Ranked as the #7 best public university, Georgia Tech provides a focused, technologically based education to more than 21,500 undergraduate and graduate students.
Georgia Tech has many nationally recognized programs, all top-ranked by peers and publications alike, and is ranked in the nation’s top 10 public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
Degrees are offered through the colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.
The strong academic work ethic at Tech is balanced by a collegiate atmosphere incorporating both intercollegiate and intramural sports, campus traditions, and some 400 student organizations.
Alongside their academic achievements, Tech students are also active in the community, earning a well-rounded education through community service activities.
As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 centers focused on interdisciplinary research that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to American government, industry, and business.
There is no doubt that Georgia Tech stands out as a distinctively different kind of university, one that is eagerly encouraging and developing the revolutionary technologies of the 21st century.
Equipped with the extremely rich resources of an outstanding student body and faculty; strong partnerships with business, industry, and government; and support from alumni and friends, Georgia Tech is designing a future of global preeminence, leadership, and service.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Systems Integration Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Jobs