Systems Engineer II
- Aerospace and Electronic Systems
- Design/Development Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Computer Engineering
To apply, visit: http://www.textronsystems.com/careers/job-search and apply to job #s 253602 or 253616
The Unmanned Surface Vessel (USV) Engineering team has an immediate opening for a Systems Engineer (SE) for our growing family of unmanned naval products. Our teams are engaged in multiple cutting edge development programs for defense applications. The strong candidate will possess a broad knowledge base in multiple engineering disciplines and be able to execute in both R&D and production environments. Required experience includes hardware and/or software integration, managing requirements derivation and allocation, and successfully working within a collaborative team environment. A desire to take ownership of quick turn design efforts to integrate new technology into our vessels is essential.
Support full-life cycle engineering design and development activities on USV programs.
Execute systems engineering tasks – including (but not limited to) requirements analysis, systems modeling (SYSML), trade studies, requirements derivation, design review support, integration planning, test, verification, risk management, and engineering analysis.
Prepare and present systems engineering work products to internal review teams and external customers at program milestone reviews.
Generate Statements of Work and monitor outside contractor performance.
Serve as a resource to others within the work group, department, and the organization.
Ability to interact daily with program managers, planners, and technicians.
Drive tasks to completion independently.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering (software, electrical, mechanical, or systems engineering) with 2 or more years related experience or Masters Degree in Engineering with 1 or more years related experience.
- Effective writing and presentation skills.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Visio).
- Experience with DOORS, JIRA, and MagicDraw (or equivalent) is strongly preferred.
- Experience in a DoD environment and model based systems engineering are preferred.
- Naval system design according to Military Standards preferred.
- Active Secret Clearance preferred; Secret eligibility required.