Systems Engineer - CTISL -1307
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
Location: San Diego, CA
Description: The applicant will be responsible for liaising with PEO C4I, U.S. Pacific Fleet, DISA, and NAVIFOR for the design, development, and implemenation of Spectral Warrior on Force Level Platforms. The applicant will provide support to senior Government leadership on cyber security defense-in-depth strategies to include implementation of Spectral Warrior. Provide data collection services as required. Provide support for tactics, techniques, procedure (TTP) development and training for the Spectral Warrior/Spidernet Harmful Interference systems being installed at DISA/U.S. Navy operated Teleports, as well as U.S Navy Force Level Platforms. As required, perform installations of Spectral Warrior onboard ship and shore location and provide the appropriate training. Provide direct liaison with COMSPAWARSYSCOM, appropriate Type Commanders and other commands associated with the Spectral Warrior program. Support to the Government for network architecture design and technical support. Ensure documentation provided by other support Contractors is in accordance with standard U.S. Navy documentation. Provide planning and setup support Spectral Warrior and other network defense-in-depth solutions to include sensor optimization and orientation. Configuration Control Board (CCB). Provide CCB support to government for Spectral Warrior asset configurations. Coordinate and facilitate, track all configuration change requests. Schedule, facilitate and conduct Program Reviews of Spectral Warrior as requested by the Government. Site Survey/Operational Planning. Provide support to the Government in the conduct of operational and planning Site Surveys that support Operation design and execution. Provide input to the design of testing and implementation of Test Plans in support of Site Survey's and Operational Planning. Provide support for network installations to include site surveys, accreditation activities, system operational test and evaluation.
Knowledge and Task Areas
* Understanding of IP networks to address and discern problems and implement solutions
* Expeditionary knowledge of IP and be able to identify and document Accreditation Boundaries on U.S. Naval networks
* Knowledge of Network Operation Centers (NOC) and Gateway locations throughout the world
* Knowledge in the implementation of DISA Security Technical Information Guides (STIG’s)
* Generate and update a Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages to include System Information Plans (SIP) and other documents related to Accreditation Packages
* Prepare/deliver POA&M(s)
* Coordinate Navy (and other DoD) site visits for installation, training, IA audits, meetings
* Knowledge of common Microsoft Office software bundles
* Create and maintain Spectral Warrior program inventory of equipment and software
* Create documentation and maintain warranty information on all program assets
* Create and maintain documentation on software and firmware updates on all applicable program assets
* Maintain network diagrams and technical documents
* Maintain training certifications for Program and customer personnel
* Maintain and distribute as needed, Program policies, procedures, workflows, and training documentation
* Maintain updated and historical OEM product information and technical specification documents
* Maintains, updates, and distributes program documentation
* Professional demeanor in written and verbal communication with program stakeholders
* Follows directives from Program IT and security personnel regarding approved practices for storing, accessing, and disposing of Program physical and informational assets
Active SECRET clearance
Research Engineer I
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related area.
Research Engineer II
- A Master’s degree Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related area and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related area and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree.
Travel: 50% travel to various ship installs. This could flex up or down. No set schedule for travel or set locations for installs.
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Ranked as the #7 best public university, Georgia Tech provides a focused, technologically based education to more than 21,500 undergraduate and graduate students.
Georgia Tech has many nationally recognized programs, all top-ranked by peers and publications alike, and is ranked in the nation’s top 10 public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
Degrees are offered through the colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.
The strong academic work ethic at Tech is balanced by a collegiate atmosphere incorporating both intercollegiate and intramural sports, campus traditions, and some 400 student organizations.
Alongside their academic achievements, Tech students are also active in the community, earning a well-rounded education through community service activities.
As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 centers focused on interdisciplinary research that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to American government, industry, and business.
There is no doubt that Georgia Tech stands out as a distinctively different kind of university, one that is eagerly encouraging and developing the revolutionary technologies of the 21st century.
Equipped with the extremely rich resources of an outstanding student body and faculty; strong partnerships with business, industry, and government; and support from alumni and friends, Georgia Tech is designing a future of global preeminence, leadership, and service.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Systems Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Jobs