Systems Administrator - CTISL (San Diego) 1309
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
Location: San Diego, CA
Description: Job Description: GTRI is seeking a Systems Administrator who will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation of enterprise architectures and infrastructure. The core duties include enterprise Microsoft Active Directory and Windows file services architecture creation and management, system security and policy configuration, and top-level support for enterprise-wide initiatives. The successful candidate will possess a strong understanding of architecting and configuring Microsoft Windows OS technology including AD Forests, Domains, Trusts, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy and Organizational Units. The successful candidate will also have demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Enhanced Security Administrative Environment (ESAE) reference architecture, Windows Server 2012/2012 R2, Windows security, AD Proxy, Virtual Directory solutions and familiarity with underlying fundamentals of virtualization concepts. The candidate will apply this knowledge to create new solutions through research and collaboration with a team to determine courses of action for new system initiatives. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate a progressive advancement in responsibility, deep troubleshooting technical skills, and the ability to articulate complex issues and proposed resolutions to technical and non-technical government customer.
- Develop new enhanced security administrative environment; provide system design, test and implementation plans.
- Develop, document, and enforce the standards, security procedures, and controls for access to ensure integrity of the Windows Systems, Active Directory, and related systems.
- Assist in maintaining a highly integrated virtual environment using virtualization technologies with the continuation of planning, designing, implementation and support.
- Assist in developing, implementing, testing and maintaining server level disaster recovery plans
- Provide documentation of configurations, maintenance plans and project updates
- Active DoD Secret Clearance minimum – Top Secret w/ SCI eligibility preferred
- B.S. degree in a computer science, information technology, computer related discipline, Master’s Degree is preferred
- 5+ years IT work experience working with Microsoft Identity technologies including Active Directory, Windows File Services, and Group Policies.
- Expert knowledge of architecting and administering Active Directory (AD) and GPO’s in a Red/Black forest deployment.
- Extensive knowledge of AD, ADFS, PKI in Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Extensive knowledge of DNS, DHCP, WINS, DFS, in a Windows 2012 landscape.
- Knowledge of infrastructure and server theories, principles and concepts; application infrastructure and standards; Windows; Physical Server architecture; Virtualization Technologies (e.g. VMware, HyperV) and LAN/WAN/Firewall/VPN network technologies.
ABOUT GEORGIA TECH RESEARCH INSTITUTE: GTRI has been recognized as one of Atlanta’s Best Places to Work by the Atlanta Business Chronicle 4 of the last 5 years. GTRI offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and a great location. Professional growth opportunities include support for advanced degrees, patent rights, and freedom for approved outside consulting, periodic special courses in technical and leadership topics, and support for paper preparation and presentation.
The Georgia Tech research Institute is hiring the best and brightest curious professionals to join their research teams delivering real-world results to government and industry partners.
GTRI employs over 950 research faculty, with an annual sponsored research budget of over $300 million. The important work we do is diverse, challenging, and rewarding. Work with subject matter experts at our Atlanta campus or at the 14 other locations in MD, OH, VA, AL FL HI, TX, CA, AZ, DC and GA. The sky is the limit when it comes to growing your career and professional interests in such diverse areas as: Cyber Security Jobs, Big Data Jobs and Data Intelligence Jobs, Computer Science Jobs, Software Engineering Jobs, High Performance Computing Jobs ( HPC Jobs ), Hardware Design Jobs, Embedded System Design Jobs, Communication Systems Design Jobs, High Speed Networks Jobs, Electromagnetics Jobs ( EM Jobs ) including Radar Systems Jobs, Antenna Design Jobs, Electronic Warfare Jobs( EW Jobs ), Sensor Design Jobs, Intelligent Systems Jobs, Systems Engineering Jobs and others.
ABOUT THE LAB: The Cyber Technology and Information Security Laboratory (CTISL) conducts applied research focused on cyber threats and countermeasures, secure multi-level information sharing, resilient command and control network architectures, reverse engineering, information operations and exploitation, high performance computing, and data analytics. CTISL engineers develop and apply cutting-edge technologies in computing, network architectures, signal and protocol analysis, network forensics, malware analysis, open source threat information collection and correlation, insider threat detection and mitigation, hardware and software reverse engineering, and advanced analytics to solve the toughest problems of the times. CTISL brings this knowledge to the classroom by providing professional education
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Ranked as the #7 best public university, Georgia Tech provides a focused, technologically based education to more than 21,500 undergraduate and graduate students.
Georgia Tech has many nationally recognized programs, all top-ranked by peers and publications alike, and is ranked in the nation’s top 10 public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
Degrees are offered through the colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.
The strong academic work ethic at Tech is balanced by a collegiate atmosphere incorporating both intercollegiate and intramural sports, campus traditions, and some 400 student organizations.
Alongside their academic achievements, Tech students are also active in the community, earning a well-rounded education through community service activities.
As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 centers focused on interdisciplinary research that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to American government, industry, and business.
There is no doubt that Georgia Tech stands out as a distinctively different kind of university, one that is eagerly encouraging and developing the revolutionary technologies of the 21st century.
Equipped with the extremely rich resources of an outstanding student body and faculty; strong partnerships with business, industry, and government; and support from alumni and friends, Georgia Tech is designing a future of global preeminence, leadership, and service.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Systems Administrator Jobs
- View more Research Jobs
- View more Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Jobs