System Integration and Test Engineer Lead WR,GA SEAL 1143
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
Location: Warner Robins, GA
Position Title: System Integration and Test Engineer and Lead
Division: Sensor Software Applications Program Office
Location: Warner Robins, GA or Smyrna GA
Work on the AF DCGS at Warner Robins that will require integrating new and existing functionality into a new modernization and open platform, infrastructure and network architecture. The candidate will become very familiar with AF DCGS mission and enterprise architecture. GTRI is required to provide technical leadership in the integration of system functionality to support the mission and the open architecture. The position requires knowledge in software engineering, system architectures, server, network and storage technologies, and integration and testing of capabilities.
EDUCATION, SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelors, Masters or PhD in a technical area
Years of Experience: 5 years task relevant experience
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY AND SKILLS
- Extensive VMware Virtualization Experience - design, implement, and manage VMware environment, including Datacenter cluster(s) and vCenter
- VCA Data Center (and/or Cloud) certification
- Demonstrated effective project management experience
- Demonstrated Linux System Administration skills and knowledge and working experience with Windows
- Network knowledge, skills and demonstrated experience in a complex network data center environment
- Works well in a collaborative environment and is able to contribute to plans to prioritize activities.
- Requires a high degree of judgment and exemplary customer service skills.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and project support skills.
- Good logic and reasoning skills and ability to work in a self-guided environment.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Ranked as the #7 best public university, Georgia Tech provides a focused, technologically based education to more than 21,500 undergraduate and graduate students.
Georgia Tech has many nationally recognized programs, all top-ranked by peers and publications alike, and is ranked in the nation’s top 10 public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
Degrees are offered through the colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.
The strong academic work ethic at Tech is balanced by a collegiate atmosphere incorporating both intercollegiate and intramural sports, campus traditions, and some 400 student organizations.
Alongside their academic achievements, Tech students are also active in the community, earning a well-rounded education through community service activities.
As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 centers focused on interdisciplinary research that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to American government, industry, and business.
There is no doubt that Georgia Tech stands out as a distinctively different kind of university, one that is eagerly encouraging and developing the revolutionary technologies of the 21st century.
Equipped with the extremely rich resources of an outstanding student body and faculty; strong partnerships with business, industry, and government; and support from alumni and friends, Georgia Tech is designing a future of global preeminence, leadership, and service.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Systems Integration Jobs
- View more Management Jobs
- View more Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Jobs