Supply Chain Manager
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for the procurement and expediting of purchased material in accordance with established procedures.
- Track and record key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Develop negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms.
- Pursue and develop relationships with reliable vendors and suppliers.
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries.
- Produce purchase orders in a timely manner as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Suggests and/or selects appropriate material and service resource subcontractors, furnishes meaningful material and service specifications.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders in accordance with established Company procedures and work instructions relating to the acquisition of all material, supply and service needs of the Company.
- Expedites the delivery of materials, supplies and services to assure that the needs of the Company are fulfilled.
- Focuses on cost reduction and purchase consolidation exercises.
- Retain accurate and complete files of all procurement resources for future reference.
- Consult with the Director of Manufacturing and other departments affected by modifications with subcontractors, shipping delays and other procurement obstacles.
- Aggressively drive the company towards maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability by identifying and implementing opportunities to boost continuous improvement processes, practices and results.
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management.
- Business sense with a strong interest in market dynamics.
- Ease with negotiation and networking.
- Ability to gather and analyze data and to work with figures.
- Self-confident with solid judgement and decision making skills.
- BS degree a must. A plus if in supply chain management, logistics or business administration.
- Aerospace industry experience a plus.
- Strong awareness of ongoing external business procurement and inventory control systems.
- Must have strong leadership, initiative and proven competencies in coaching and building a first class procurement organization.
- Minimum of 5 years of purchasing/supply chain manager experience from both domestic as well as off-shore suppliers.
- Results-oriented, self-motivated and the ability to link tasks to future outcomes.
- This position requires access to technology, material, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible, you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Supply Chain Manager Jobs
- View more Management Jobs
- View more Semiconductors Jobs
- View more Sensitron Semiconductor Jobs