Staff Software Engineer
- Software Engineering
Vista Research is a highly innovative Research and Development company within the Raven family. For over 30 years, Vista has delivered critical analysis and engineering expertise to our customers — solving great challenges for government and industry customers alike.
Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Vista Research was established in 1984. Vista has a national reputation for developing systems that incorporate remote sensing and signal processing. Our team of scientists and engineers are committed to providing our customers with the innovative solutions they require and the answers they can trust.
Raven is a publicly traded company (NASDAQ:RAVN) headquartered in Sioux Falls, South Dakota with a purpose to Solve Great Challenges that is bold and authentic. As a part of the Raven family, Vista aggressively competes on four Dimensions of Competition: Quality, Service, Innovation, and Peak Performance. Deeply connected to our culture and values, Raven’s four Dimensions of Competition are the foundation on which we separate our company from our competition. Quality, Service, Innovation, and Peak Performance are woven into how we do business, shaping Raven’s culture and setting us apart. These are not initiatives that come and go; they are enduring values — and a testament to our commitment to continual improvement.
Build your career at a technology-driven company dedicated to Solving Great Challenges. At Raven, we engineer ground-breaking technologies in the areas of communications, safety, feeding the world, energy independence, and resource preservation. Grounded in a common sense approach to an ever-changing world, Raven is powered by the people who boldly mix drive, courage, integrity, and innovation into the focused ability to solve great challenges. Our strength as a company has always been our desire and drive to Solve Great Challenges, and our culture is built on collaboration, creative thinking, and problem solving.
The Staff Software Engineer will design, develop, and evaluate software from concept through production stage, and make modifications as needed.
- Building, integrating, and deploying web applications
- Developing and unit-testing Java server-side code
- Debugging and resolving application issues
- Research, write, develop, test, and evaluate software programs.
- Work with teams to facilitate deployment related to software programs.
- Determine purpose, application, and feasibility of new or enhancement of existing software.
- Create and update documentation for designs, and all phases of the project.
- Work with external customers to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Coordinate engineering efforts and provide engineering assistance to internal teams or external customers.
• Based in Sioux Falls, SD
• Travel up to 10% per year as necessary.
For additional information on Raven Industries or to apply on-line go to http://ravenind.com/careers.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
- Client/server application development
- Familiarity XML, JSON, and other data formats
- Java programming
- JEE technologies (servlets, JSP)
- Database design, database management, Java Database Connectivity (JDBC)
- Apache Tomcat, Spring
- Mapping Toolkits (WorldWind, OpenMap, Leaflet, Google Maps API etc)
- Git or other source control system
- Scripting (Python, Shell)
- Top Secret Level Clearance (or ability to successfully obtain one)
Additional Desirable Competencies
- Atlassian’s Jira or other issue / project tracking tools
- Jenkins or other continuous build systems
- Maven or equivalent Java build tools and concepts
- Embedded ARM development on SoC FPGAs
- GNU Autotools or equivalent C++ build tools and concepts
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Software Engineer Jobs
- View more Software Engineering Jobs
- View more Raven Industries Jobs