Staff Electrical Engineering
Job Title:Staff Electrical Engineering
**Danaher Company Description**
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
We are seeking an Electrical Engineer in our Research and Development (R&D) Sustaining Engineering Fast Impact Team/FIT Department. The ideal candidate will be an outstanding technical leader, demonstrate innovative designs, work with vendors, and help drive technical projects from concept to completion. They must have a passion for engineering and dedicated to getting the job done. The scope of work will include new design concepts or design corrections through the transfer of design to Manufacturing. The candidate will report directly to the HW Instrument Lead and their role will include working with scientists and engineers during the concept phase and working with manufacturing associates during the release phase
The experienced EE associate will be responsible for:
* Working in Research and Development designing products and design corrections for the Flow Cytometry and Particle Characterization Markets
* Working with the R&D team to come up with innovate products.
* Using CAD to design PCBs and PCAs that are used worldwide.
* Working with application associates to come up with new features and requirements for products.
* Implementing new designs and design corrections from Concept to Manufacturing.
* Supporting existing products in the field through Technical Support/Field Service and Manufacturing.
* Electrical Engineering & Technical skills
* Bachelor degree or higher in Electrical Engineering required.
* Minimum of 3 years relevant experience with typically 5-7 years of practical experience.
* Desired knowledge of Life Science Flow Cytometery and Particle Characterization products.
* Understanding of Product Development Process, Life Cycles Management, and Manufacturing.
* Expertise in Electrical design: Analog, Digital, High Voltage, Control Systems.
* Experience in FPGA design with knowledge of Verilog and VHDL languages.
* Experience using CAD packages.
* Demonstrated experience in Simulation and timing analysis.
* Experience designing high dynamic range analog and digital systems.
* Working knowledge of noise reduction techniques.
* Familiar with micro controller and microprocessor design.
* Understanding of memory integration design: Volatile, non-volatile, dual port, and FLASH.
* Experience in FW and SW coding to support and control electro-mechanical systems.
* Understanding of power supplies and power distribution techniques.
* Design for manufacturing: Ease of assembly, Cost of Goods, second sourcing.
* Demonstrated knowledge and application of Manufacturing testing systems: in-circuit and functional testing.
* Initiator of innovative design and development concepts.
* Fast turnaround of manufacturing support for designs and test jigs.
* Leading the design and delivery of new products and technology into Manufacturing.
* Understanding how to relate design elements to system level specifications and performance.
* Finding and evaluating new vendors, managing relationships, and generating specifications for outsourced design.
* Must have a good background in moving designs from R&D to Manufacturing.
* Demonstrated history of driving projects to completion in schedule driven environments.
* Demonstrated history of creativity, innovation, and outside-the-box thinking.
* Ability to be persuasive and sell ideas to others.
* Assemble, debug, and test prototype electrical assemblies.
* Methodical troubleshooting and debugging capabilities.
* Ability to use test equipment: programmable power supplies, O-scopes, function generators.
* Good documentation skills.
* Good communication skills, written and verbal.
* Experience with application of design controls throughout development process.
* Initiative and drive to accomplish goals with minimal guidance.
* Ability to manage time between multiple tasks.
* Must work in a multi-disciplined environment (EEs, MEs, Chemists, Scientists, SW, FW, QA, Regulatory and Compliance).
* Must work with Operations people located throughout the world (NPI, Manufacturing, Sales, and Product Support).
* Must work with Research groups to convert new technology to product.
* Provide technical guidance on field issues.
* Participate in Peer Design Reviews.
**Danaher Corporation Overview**
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.5B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We are innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you will learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
**Organization:** Beckman Coulter
**Job Function:** Engineering
**Primary Location:** North America-United States-FL-Miami
**Req ID:** LIF003383
Location:Miami, FL, 33126, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electric Meter Repair Helper Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Research Jobs
- View more Danaher Corporation Jobs