Staff Electrical Engineer
- Electronics Engineer
Job Title:Staff Electrical Engineer
Staff Electrical Engineer
Categories: Engineering and Sciences
Start a new job search
Orbital ATKhas an exciting opportunity within ourMissile Products Divisionin Plymouth, MNfor aStaff Engineer. This position will support our Safety Device efforts in our Fuzing and Warheads Development and Production Programs.
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
• Perform as a technical leader for programs involving the development of advanced safety devices: Electronic Safe and Arm Fuzes (ESAF), electromechanical safe and arm fuzes, Ignition Safety Devices (ISD), flight termination systems, etc. Work with Orbital ATK program management, engineering management, engineering team, administrative personnel and outside contractors to guide design efforts to accomplish all technical, cost and schedule requirements of the program.
• Perform as a lead project engineer for safety device programs, delegating responsibilities to the technical team members to achieve the program goals. This includes design engineers, systems engineers, test engineers, production engineers, reliability and safety.
• Drive technical excellence by providing leadership, technical expertise and mentorship to the program design and development team.
• Interact with internal and external customers as the technical point of contact and subject matter expert on safety device programs.
• Preparation and planning of cost estimates and written technical proposals. Efforts will include customer funded contracts and internally funded efforts.
• Coordinate the presentation of the Orbital ATK design and development status to the customer during technical interchange meetings and at program technical reviews.
• Work with Orbital ATK program management and business development personnel to identify and capture additional work scope within the existing contract or in new lethal mechanism efforts.
• Maintain 100% compliance to Orbital ATK’s Quality Management System engineering processes and procedures.
• This position will require travel approximately 5 to 10 times per year to meet with various customers, in both government and industry, and to interface with vendors.
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering is required, an MS degree is preferred
• A minimum of 8-10 years of related background experience in safety device design and development.
• Possess a working knowledge with computer aided design (CAD) software, preferably Pro-Engineering (ProE) or CREO.
• Experience in the safety approval process for munitions: DoD Safety Boards (FISTRP & WSESRB, NNMSB, and Army Fuze Board), required documentation required for these processes, etc.
• Possess an understanding of the weapon system safety / qualification requirements (MIL STD 331, 882, 1316, 1901, etc).
• Experience in the testing of safety devices, including test planning, development of testing processes, and generation of test reports preferred..
• Prior experience as a program integrated product team (IPT) lead or technical director highly desirable.
• Ability to obtain a SECRET clearance which requires US citizenship as a pre-requisite.
• Able and willing to meet travel requirements.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Strong communication skills, oral and written.
• Understanding of Six Sigma disciplines, design for assembly / design for manufacturing (DFA/DFM).
• Possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Project).
• Experience with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) preferred.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit ourJobs for Veteranspage to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type:Full Time
Desired Travel:less than 25%
Years of Experience:+10 Years
Location:Plymouth, MN, 55446, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electric Meter Repair Helper Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Orbital ATK Jobs