Staff Electrical Engineer
Job Title:Staff Electrical Engineer
*About the Opportunity*
As a Staff Electrical Process Engineer at Pitney Bowes, you thrive on efficiency and you deliver with precision. You see opportunities where others see challenges.
*Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.*
In this role, you’ll join our Process Engineering team for the Document Messaging Technology (DMT) line of business in Danbury, CT. You will provide electrical, software and systems engineering test and process support in the Mail Insertion and Sorting product lines. We are looking for someone that is experienced in High Speed Paper Handling or Material Handling Machinery environment. The right candidate should be a cross functional Project and Team oriented individual with a hands-on, get-the-job-done attitude.
You will be responsible for:
• Design and build electrical test fixtures to validate electrical functionality of our products
• Create electrical test procedures and identify critical test points for functional and quality validation
• Create detailed electrical build process plans
• Servo motor control diagnostics capability
• Training personnel on manufacturing and assembly procedures
• Production support as a Electrical Process Engineer
• Represent Process Engineering team on new product development teams
• Create engineering change requests and support design updates
• Perform EE costing analysis (part cost, labor & overhead)
• Document electrical manufacturing requirements for new products
• Vendor interfacing on quality standards and test requirements
• Supporting OEM system peripherals
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering preferred
• 2 years EE experience with new product introduction to a production environment.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience with electrical design of machine drives.
• Electrical circuit board design experience.
• Familiarity with PC based test processes.
• Must have diagnostic skills and abilities to troubleshoot and repair complex machine drive and communication systems.
• Knowledge of Lean and DFM processes.
• Knowledge with Value Engineering processes.
• Creo 3D skills and design capability a plus.
• Expertise with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Collaborative team skills and work experience
• C program capability a plus.
• Candidate should have the ability to work with minimum supervision, multi-tasking skills, and a proven track record with the mfg of high speed production equipment. (Paper handling a plus).
At Pitney Bowes, our passionate and ambitious team delivers innovations that help clients navigate the complex and always evolving world of commerce: from helping them use data to market to the best customers, to enabling the sending of parcels and packages efficiently, to securing payments through statements and invoices. In everything, we do, we deliver accuracy and precision to drive meaningful impact.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.*
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
**Title:** *Staff Electrical Engineer*
**Requisition ID:** *164294*
Location:Danbury, CT, 06813, USA