Sr. Systems Engineer
- Control Systems
- Design/Development Engineering
- Instrumentation and Measurement
- Lasers and Electro-Optics
Job Title: Sr. Systems Engineer
Location: Wilsonville, OR
Job Type: Regular
At DWFritz, world-class practices combine with cutting-edge technology to produce brilliant solutions for our clients. Our engineered-to-order, automated machines are one-of-a-kind resulting in systems that are robust, reliable and built to last.
Innovation is the way at DWFritz. Employees are encouraged to “Find a Better Way” – one of our Core Values that keeps us ahead of our competition and promotes continued growth. It’s also the reason we have a company supported incubator program and an in-house lab!
DWFritz has clients world-wide and an office in China. Our World Headquarters operates from a modern, state-of-the-art facility located in Wilsonville, Oregon which offers standing desks, an entertainment and a fitness room, and a hearty oatmeal breakfast to start each day. Our spacious lunch room is the venue for weekly All Staff meetings and our frequent “Lunch and Learns.”
If you are looking for a place that is fast-paced, dynamic, and where we accomplish our work as teams, then check out DWFritz!
Your Engineering Team at DWFritz
The Engineering team at DWFritz loves a challenge. In the face of large, complex obstacles, they develop the most interesting and brilliant solutions. They see obstacles as opportunities for learning, adaptation and innovation. The Engineering team was founded on collaboration and there is no shortage of team work, but unique to DWFritz are the opportunities to work autonomously on individual projects as well. Members of this team have diverse backgrounds, come from a variety of industries, and are eager to learn. Working with state of the art technology and world-class customers requires flexibility and communication to produce reliable, brilliant solutions.
To lead cross-functional technical teams responsible for the design and performance of complex custom automated equipment from concept through release, manufacturing, customer acceptance, installation and customer follow-up.
- Coordinate mechanical, electrical, software, controls, and applications engineering disciplines for the execution of custom automation projects to meet the technical requirements.
- First responder for customer facing electro-mechanical automation machines, with minimal notice for international travel as needed. Sometimes lasting 3-4 weeks or longer as needed.
- Excellent root cause analysis and problem solving with minimal direction and customer interaction.
- Self-motivated and pace setter for rapid resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Business acumen when it comes to solution based decision making and issue resolution
- Able to lead technical teams of up to 10 technicians and engineers through issue resolution and root cause determination, and maintain customer facing relations and updates as frequently required.
- Provide technical guidance for preventative actions to reduce and eliminate issues that take away from sustaining manufacturing with extremely high machine uptime and process capability.
- Clear and concise documentation and communication within DWFritz and externally with suppliers and customers.
- Perform acceptance testing and improvement analysis (i.e. IAT, FAT, and SAT) to optimize and satisfy customer based requirements, while meeting functional and performance requirements.
- Familiarity and competency with statistical analysis, that includes a deep knowledge and application on gage R&R and process capability.
- Demonstrated track record of success throughout the full project lifecycle (definition, development, validation, and manufacturing).
- Solidworks and PDM proficiency preferred.
- Strong sense of personal accountability and performance orientation.
- Strong work ethic, high results oriented and high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Excellent problem solving skills that incorporates data and statistics to determine corrective and preventative actions.
- Must be able to work with and lead technical teams through influence rather than position.
- Demonstrated customer focus and orientation to creating value for the customer.
- Organizationally nimble, able to navigate the customer and internal organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, questioning/listening skills, and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate complex and technical concepts to non-experts
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 20% of time, for durations of 3-4 weeks or as needed, occasionally with little advanced notice.
- Must possess a valid passport.
Your Education and Experience
- Engineering Bachelor’s degree minimum, advanced degree desirable.
- Recent 10+ years engineering experience with 5+ years' experience as a systems engineer in the machine design / automation industry with combination of design, debug, and production support.
- Technical expert in at least one of the following disciplines, direct experience with 3+, and working knowledge 5+:
- Ø Precision Mechanical Design
- Ø Stepper and Servo motor (position encoder) debug and problem resolution
- Ø Motion control
- Ø Robotics
- Ø Conveyance
- Ø Algorithm design
- Ø EE analog circuit design
- Ø EE mixed signal design
- Ø EE digital design
- Ø Optical systems
- Ø Machine vision and vision tools—Cognex a plus
- Ø Metrology
- Ø Firmware development
- Ø Object Oriented SW development
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Senior System Software Engineer Jobs
- View more Control Systems Jobs
- View more Design/Development Engineering Jobs
- View more Instrumentation and Measurement Jobs
- View more Lasers and Electro-Optics Jobs
- View more Robotics Jobs
- View more DWFritz Jobs
View More Jobs in Wilsonville, OR:
- View more jobs in Wilsonville, Oregon
- Senior System Software Engineer jobs in Wilsonville, Oregon
- Control Systems jobs in Wilsonville, Oregon
- Design/Development Engineering jobs in Wilsonville, Oregon
- Instrumentation and Measurement jobs in Wilsonville, Oregon
- Lasers and Electro-Optics jobs in Wilsonville, Oregon
- Robotics jobs in Wilsonville, Oregon
- DWFritz jobs in Wilsonville, Oregon