SR. RELAY ENGINEER (For Ampirical Solutions)
- Circuits and Systems
- Power Engineering
Ampirical Solutions is seeking a Senior Relay Engineer to work with its Relay Department in Mandeville, LA.
- Responsible for design and procurement of relay activities for substations, switchyards and transmission lines.
- Accountable for adherence to and revisions of design/construction scope processes.
- Work closely with customer to ensure quality design to customer’s standards.
- Offer field support to customer during construction.
- Identify proper protection and control schemes for distribution substations.
- Select proper protection devices for equipment within a substation.
- Prepare scopes of work and estimates for evaluating and designing substations.
- Identify, size and order material. Involved in maintaining customer standards dealing with relay protection.
- Team lead in analyzing variances of Customer’s Distribution Substation processes:
- Create drawing packages for substation Relay Protection that include wiring diagrams, schematics, protection panels, one-line and three-line diagrams.
- Interface with customers and vendors.
- Performed load calculations for load panels, battery systems, and other various substation components.
- Performed substation field support and field pre-inspection for a “turn-key” substation project consisting of protection panels, circuit switchers, circuit breakers, transformers, a control house, and support equipment.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Ampirical offers an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision; STD, LTD, 401K; life insurance, gym stipend, tuition reimbursement, 10 paid holidays; two weeks’ vacation; flexible work schedule (to possibly include every other Friday off) and more.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Five to ten years' experience working in the utility industry.
- Must have solid knowledge of one or more of the following skill sets:
- SCADA, Automation, Settings, Configuration, Testing, Commissioning; engineering terms and concepts; and solid software experience in AutoCAD, MicroStation, Bentley, and Excel
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Engineer Jobs
- View more Circuits and Systems Jobs
- View more Power Engineering Jobs
- View more LED FastStart Jobs