Sr Electrical Engineer, Team Lead - Test & Training Instrumentation
- Instrumentation and Measurement
Job Title:Sr Electrical Engineer, Team Lead - Test & Training Instrumentation
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as 2016 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
Sr Electrical Engineer – Team Lead
Rockwell Collins Test & Training Instrumentation (T&TI) Engineering is responsible for all product line and design engineering tasks related to the design, analysis, test and certification of Air Combat Training systems. Our Systems and Hardware Technology Engineering team is looking for a Senior Hardware Engineer to provide technical guidance and drive execution excellence in a fast growing Air Combat Training market within Rockwell Collins Government Systems. This position will primarily focus on project execution with influence into requirements decomposition and hardware design aspects of the next generation test and training systems for military fighters.
This next generation Air Combat Training system lays the groundwork for delivering Live Virtual Constructive (LVC) capabilities to our military training customers. Design responsibilities will span across the entire system including both ground and airborne subsystems with a special emphasis on the hardware architecture. Engineering duties will span the entire product lifecycle, from requirements capture, through design, testing, and factory transition.
• Plan, execute, and manage projects both technically and financially
• Perform autonomously under the direction of technical and program management as well as engineering management
• Provide insight to program leadership on implications of hardware changes to the system
• Create and present task status and technical solutions to team members, engineering leadership, and customers
• Develop hardware requirements based on product, system level, and customer requirements
• Design hardware to meet rigorous military requirements for environment, functionality, price, and Size Weight Power (SWaP).
• Test and verify designs that meet documented hardware requirements
• Create and execute test procedures to support the qualification of products to government standards
• Project risk identification, mitigation, and escalation
• Adherence to and support of the Rockwell Collins process methodologies while developing and managing commitments to meet project financial and schedule deliverables and quality requirements
• Utilize strong interaction and interpersonal skills to drive teams to success
• Read and and understand metrics to predict execution issues
• Work with their team and other team leads to resolve complex issues
This position is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
• Must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/re-instatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline is required
• PWB/PCB electrical design including stack-up analysis and routing rules
• Timing analysis and signal integrity analysis tools (Mentory Hyperlynx preferred)
• Familiarity with EMI and Signal Integrity design techniques and analysis
• Proven technical leadership of small to medium sized technical teams
• Capable of leading investigations for open ended complex problems
• Demonstration of successful earned value management techniques and philosophy
• Working knowledge of bidding and project/task estimation (SEER knowledge helpful)
A successful candidate may possess the following:
• Good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks while balancing priorities and schedules.
• Self-starter with strong analytical skills.
• Background and/or knowledge of range test and training systems.
• Background and/or knowledge in data links, networking, and interface definition
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work well with others in a professional team environment.
• Domain expertise in integration of COTS and Custom design hardware, firmware, and software
• Domain expertise in ruggedized electronics design for MIL-STD-810G and MIL-STD-461F requirements
• Factory transition planning and support
The candidate must demonstrate they have superior communication skills as a primary responsibility for this position will be frequent interaction with multiple engineering disciplines and our subcontractors to design and deliver this complex, new training system.
This position requires an individual that can perform with minimal direct supervisory support. As such the candidate must be highly motivated and a self-starter. The ability to coordinate several complex engineering activities while balancing priorities and schedules is a must.
Knowledge of design and development processes is expected. Must possess a desire to investigate problems to the root cause and then champion the creation and implementation of corrective actions.
Each candidate selected for an interview will be evaluated on the following criteria: Education, prior experience, domain knowledge, communication skills and technical abilities.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
• Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
• An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
• Tuition reimbursement
• And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Organization:** **EW & Mission Solutions*
**Title:** *Sr Electrical Engineer, Team Lead - Test & Training Instrumentation*
**Location:** *Iowa-Cedar Rapids*
**Requisition ID:** *MEC000000D6*
Location:Cedar Rapids, IA, 52401, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Instrumentation and Measurement Jobs
- View more Rockwell Collins Jobs