Sr. Electrical Engineer
- Electronics Engineer
Job Title:Sr. Electrical Engineer
The Senior Electrical Engineer’s primary function is the design and development of electronics for electro-mechanical software controlled analytical instruments. Will participate in a cross-functional team environment to define specification and develop designs that address user needs and meet the intended system requirements. The candidate must possess the general knowledge of design controls and carry the design through the different product development phases.
**Key Duties and Responsibilities**
• Will develop analog and digital circuitry as well as model data acquisition (A/D and D/A) systems, and digital electronic controls (thermal and motion) of instruments.
• Will design and develop communication schemes and drivers: such as USB 2.0, SPI, and I2C.
• Play a key role in all phases of the product development cycle which includes requirement/definition, design and development, verification (such as unit tests) and traceability matrix, and transfer.
• Will implement and document test cases to verify design and/or regression analysis.
• Will be involved in fault isolation, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis activities during complex system integration and testing.
• Will conduct and document technical design reviews with fellow engineers in a collaborative way to produce the highest levels of quality, performance, manufacturing yield and product reliability.
• Will work with component vendors on researching the latest technologies.
• Research, document, publish, and present technical findings that can lead to better product performance, more product reliability, and lower production cost.
• Develop or identify tools and methods that allow reutilization of designs and improve productivity of firmware engineering resources.
•Will provide support to manufacturing, product management, and service group on existing products.
**Minimum Qualifications/ Requirements**
+ Bachelors’ degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with a minimum 8 years working experience in related field. Masters degree would be a plus.
+ Excellent understanding of analog and digital electronics including latest component trends.
+ Experience with microcontroller design, debugging and designing of programmable logic in CPLD and/or FPGA.
+ Understanding of the fundamentals of USB/serial communication as well as digital signal processing is a must.
+ Experience in designing laboratory or metrology instrumentation and control systems.
+ Previous design experience in the area of closed loop control systems for motion and temperature controls and general purpose motor control.
+ Ability to develop Windows based utilities for testing hardware.
+ Strong organizational skills to work with cross-functional teams in defining project requirements are expected.
+ Excellent written and verbal communications skills demonstrated in a team oriented environment.
+ Expertise in the area of high resolution A/D and D/A circuit design including multi-ranging data acquisition systems with analog signal filtering and amplification.
+ Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating System and Office Suite Applications, Adobe Acrobat.
+ Understanding of current technical procedures and governmental regulations.
+ Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
**This position has not been approved to provide relocation assistance.**
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Company:Thermo Fisher Scientific
Location:Sunnyvale, CA, 94086, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Thermo F Jobs