Sr. Electrical Engineer
Rand Mc Nally
- Electronics Engineer
Job Title:Sr. Electrical Engineer
Rand McNally is seeking an Electrical engineer to develop new products in the consumer and commercial connected car market. The candidate will be responsible for hardware development of the ARM based SOC, microcontroller, integration of wireless technologies such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, CDMA, LTE, GPS. The candidate will also integrate other serial interfaces such as I2C, USB, SPI, RS-232, RS-485, etc. The candidate must be a hands-on with proven experience in board level design and PCB layout. The ideal candidate should have experience in hardware and software integration projects with minimum of 5 years of experience.
Rand McNally has been helping people discover, map and navigate for 160 years. While most people know us for our bestselling Road Atlas line, we are also the leading provider of truck and RV navigation devices, the fastest-growing mobile fleet management company and a key education supplier with products in more than 90 percent of US schools. We are driving growth of the Company's consumer and enterprise businesses through rapid expansion of core product lines and continued innovation of commercial transportation solutions ranging from advanced mileage and routing software to fleet management and electronic tracking.
* Candidate must demonstrate expertise in a wide variety of product development disciplines such as digital and analog design as it relates to the development of navigation, infotainment and fleet management products.
* New product design and maintenance of existing products.
* Write engineering requirements and specifications.
* Ensures successful integration of electrical design with mechanical ID.
* Work with firmware team on new board bring up and troubleshooting.
* Ability to design for manufacturability in both high volume and medium volume requirements.
* Cost reduction of existing products through board level redesign and/or component sourcing.
* Evaluate and test products from vendors and competitors.
* Work with CMs, ODMs, and third party engineering services
* The successful candidate will have a BS degree in Electrical engineering or computer engineering with minimum 5 years of experience.
* Strong knowledge of schematic capture tools.
* Experience in PCB layout, routing 8-10 layer boards, preferably using Allegro/Cadence tools.
* Experience with embedded hardware design using ARM-based SOC and microcontrollers with HW peripherals on the modular level such as: BT, GPS, Wi-Fi, USB.
* Candidate must be a resourceful hands-on hardware design engineer with discrete component level design skills in both analog, digital, and power supply circuits.
* Must be capable of providing direction to and working with external design and manufacturing partners.
* Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex design problems that involve both hardware and firmware.
* Knowledge of EMC design and mitigation techniques.
* Should be able to support FCC and regulatory testing both in house and in outside test labs.
* Ability to perform occasional circuit simulation and analysis using SPICE or similar tools.
* Must be Detail Oriented, Team Player and willing to embrace new technologies.
* Ability to work with Contract Manufacturers and Joint Development Manufacturers.
* Must be self-motivated, creative, focused, accountable, and have a strong follow-through to drive a project to completion.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Must possess excellent, professional oral and written English communication skills to work in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team environment.
**Desired skills: (Not Required)**
* Experienced with navigation device design and development.
* Chinese Mandarin.
*Location:* Skokie, IL
*Job Code:* 359
*# of openings:* 1
Company:Rand Mc Nally
Location:Skokie, IL, 60077, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Rand Mc Nally Jobs