Sr. Electrical Engineer
- Electronics Engineer
Job Title:Sr. Electrical Engineer
Design and develop electrical/electronic design concepts and implement concepts into finished working designs. Work from specification requirements, design concepts and inputs from customer and other engineers involving multidisciplinary activities.
* Design and develop electrical and electronic circuits and subsystems for applications in electro-mechanical and electro-optical products.
* Perform engineering design analysis to establish validity of designs.
* Prepare and review design documentation in accordance with contract requirements and/or internal standards.
* Lead and support the assembly and integration of products/systems.
* Draft technical performance specifications and assist Purchasing Dept. with procurement of items as necessary.
* Design or specify test procedures and test equipment and provide technical assistance to Technical Specialist or test personnel during testing of prototype and production hardware.
* Maintain all required files, summaries, reports and other pertinent data.
* Insure quality through adherence to the Quality Systems Manual, applicable Standard Work Instructions and other standards invoked internally or contractually.
* Keep Engineering managers informed regarding technical progress, problems and other issues. •
* Design and develop complex electrical and electromechanical circuits and controls and/or models and simulations for a variety of components, systems and products based on input from customers and other engineers in a multidisciplinary environment.
* Apply elements of Design and Development Process, responsible for all design aspects of Circuit Card Assemblies. Select standard processors boards, integrate, test, troubleshoot and modify designs.
* Develop acceptance test procedures, understand and apply serial interface design, video bandwidth circuits, DC motor control, precision servo component and selection and application of FPGAs.
* Perform design analysis and unit level tests to establish validity of designs including thermal effects and contributions of tolerance and environmental factors. Applies reliability and maintainability in analysis. Mitigates effects of electromagnetic interference in design.
* Prepare estimates for manpower and other resources required to execute new projects or to complete existing projects. Participates in labor budgeting exercises to assess financial impact of component selections and monitors and maintains task sheets.
* Coordinate and lead design reviews of new or existing designs to demonstrate that the design meets all relevant specifications and requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
* Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
* 8 years of experience
* Must have experience with high speed VHDL & high speed FPGA
* Capable of providing technical supervision and training/mentoring to lower level engineers.
* Substantial knowledge of all areas of electrical engineering and capable of leading the design of existing components.
* Ability to apply reliability and maintainability in design analysis process.
* Highest capability and efficiency in using computer tools including PADs or similar, LabVIEW, Xilinx, Microsoft Office Suite and MathCAD.
* Must meet US eligibility to obtain US Secret Clearance
o Works in a typical office environment with exposure to light manufacturing environment
o Light domestic and international travel requirements.
o The use of safety equipment (PPE) is required in designated areas
Essential Physical Tasks:
o Must be able to sit or stand for up to eight hours
o Fine motor dexterity
o Hand-eye coordination
o Concentrated mental/visual demand
o Capable of traveling domestically and internationally
o Capable of working in confined spaces, above or below sea level on-board a naval vessel
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identify
**Organization:** **Division - KEO-20000056*
**Title:** *Sr. Electrical Engineer*
**Requisition ID:** *082066*
Location:Northampton, MA, 01060, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more L3 Technologies Jobs