Sr Electrical Engineer
Job Title:Sr Electrical Engineer
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter’s employees are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
The Sr Engineer is ahands-on oriented engineer responsible for designing and troubleshooting electrical and/or mechanical systems of industrial automationwith experience troubleshooting and debugging processing equipment.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities**(these are primary responsibilities of the role and the incumbent will perform other duties as assigned)**:*
* Develops User Requirement Specifications, Technical Specification and Design Specifications for new automated processing equipment or upgrades to existing equipment such as robotic assembly, convey systems, resin blenders, pelletizers, sheeting extruders, and tubing extruders, and injection molding equipment,
* Performs process reviews and prepares technical reports detailing equipment operation, best practices and recommended changes.
* Prepares documentation in support of capital projects and manage capital projects up to approximately $1MM in size. Monitors and reports project costs including capital and cross-functional expenses. Estimates cost affected by design and/or policy changes.
* Leads small project teams as needed to accomplish project objectives.
* Manages multiple projects at the same time while coordinating efforts with management, engineering, and factory personnel to meet completion dates and minimize production down time
* Supports testing and validation of manufacturing system from concept thru production
* Provides on-going support of continuous improvement efforts to support yearly value improvement opportunities
* Interfaces with different functional groups and producing appropriate documentation in support of projects
* Works closely with product development leaders, suppliers and manufacturing to ensure meeting of customer needs and requirements
*Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Qualifications**):*
* Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering required
* Minimum 3 years engineering experience with strong project management skills
* Creative, highly motivated, dependable professional with a positive attitude and enthusiasm for engineering and technology
* Requires little direction, gives guidance to others, works on technical projects, and has advanced knowledge within area of functional responsibility.
* Proficient with PLC programming and control systems design (Examples: Siemens, Allen Bradley, Contron Technology Inc (CTI), Automation Direct, Profibus, and Device Net, ) developing standard modules and extensive custom code. Good understanding of PID control systems
*Physical / Safety Requirements*
* Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
* Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment is required
* Position requires standing and walking for extended periods of time
* Requires lifting up to 50 lbs.
*Equal Employment Opportunity*
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email toCorporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.comor call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
**Title:** *Sr Electrical Engineer*
**Location:** *Arkansas-Mountain Home*
**Requisition ID:** *160005AP*
Location:Mountain Home, AR, 72654, USA