Sr Electrical Engineer - 90117662 - Philadelphia
- Quality Control
Job Title:Sr Electrical Engineer - 90117662 - Philadelphia
**Your success is a train ride away\.**
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future\. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States\. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees\.
**Are you ready to join our team?**
**SUMMARY OF DUTIES**
The purpose of this position is to design and develop communication protocols with a focus on secure wireless/radio communication protocols\. The communication protocols are deployed by PTC \(Positive Train Control\) on Amtrak property as well as on all passenger routes operated by Amtrak\.
• Must be capable of developing secure solutions for wireless/radio communications
• Must have experience with Key Management
• Maintains documentations of design, development, V&V and T&C \(internal documents and external suppliers\)
• Assist field personnel in troubleshooting and handling problems encountered during implementation phases
• Assists field personnel in performing quality control pre\-testing \(radio and wireless communications\)
• Ensures Configuration Control and C&S design files is currently and properly maintained
• Signal Demonstrate experience in signal design, technical supervision, technical design, design software, project management
• Strong working knowledge of network communication protocols, system design and integrations, signal circuit plan symbols, nomenclature and circuit logic\.
• Working knowledge of TDM radio systems
• Knowledge of C&S equipment \(relay racks, batteries, etc\.\)
• Knowledge of mathematics and Boolean algebra as it applies to relay logic
• Knowledge of FRA standards, rules, and regulations
• Knowledge of software system design concepts and processes
• Must be qualified on NORAC, AMT\-2 and RWP
• Prior satisfactory job performance is required
• Demonstrated experience in communication orally and in writing within and outside of the organization
• Must communicate with field personnel to ensure accuracy of system design
**PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:**
• Work experience with developing authentication and encryption protocols for high secure systems
• Work experience with Secure radio communications
**COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:**
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
**Requisition ID:** 27686
**Band Zone:** C4H
**Posting Location\(s\):** Pennsylvania
**Personnel Area:** PA08
**Job Family/Function:** Engineering
**Relocation Offered:** No
**Education Requirements:** Bachelors Degree
**Travel Requirements:** Up to 25%
**Employment Experience Requirements:** 5 \- 7 years of experience
**You power our progress through your performance\.**
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals\.
We proudly support and encourage U\.S\. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities\.
All positions require pre\-employment background verification, medical review and pre\-employment drug screen\. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug\-free workplace and performs pre\-employment substance abuse testing\. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing\. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug\-free\.
In accordance with DOT regulations \(49 CFR section 40\.25\), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety\- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions\. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety\-sensitive functions\.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience\.
Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law\.
Location:Philadelphia, PA, 19133, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Quality Control Jobs
- View more Amtrak Jobs