Software Test Engineer â€“ ASL 1002
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
- Information Technology
- Antennas and Propagation
- Computer Engineering
- Electronics Engineer
Location: Huntsville, AL
Description: Test Engineer Software – ASL 1002
The Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) in Atlanta, GA is looking for Software Test Engineers who can think outside of the box and don’t want to do the same old thing every day. We value bright, intellectually curious, growth oriented professionals and provide a work environment that allows work / life balance and opportunity. Check out your opportunities at GTRI.
This opportunity is within the Applied Systems Lab. ASL is GTRI’s Applied Systems Lab which conducts world-class research for several US agencies. The laboratory’s multidisciplinary systems and software research encompasses command and control modeling, simulation, analysis, design, development and other.
REQUIREMENTS THAT MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- BS, (MS preferred) in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science or related discipline
- US Citizenship AND/ OR the ability to get a security clearance
- 5+ years testing software in SDLC environment experience
- Experience with Linux development tools
- Real-time network analysis tools
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Broad programming skills to support analysis in ANY programming environment from a testing perspective
- the ability to present complex technical topics in a concise and understandable manner.
- Experience working in a classified software development & testing environment
- knowledge of WireShark and network communications protocols and Data Distribution Services (DDS)
ABOUT GEORGIA TECH RESEARCH INSTITUTE
GTRI has been recognized as one of Atlanta’s Best Places to Work by the Atlanta Business Chronicle 4 of the last 5 years. GTRI offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and a great location. Professional growth opportunities include support for advanced degrees, patent rights, and freedom for approved outside consulting, periodic special courses in technical and leadership topics, and support for paper preparation and presentation.
The Georgia Tech research Institute is hiring the best and brightest curious professionals to join their research teams delivering real-world results to government and industry partners. GTRI employs over 900 research faculty, with an annual sponsored research budget of over $300 million. The important work we do is diverse, challenging, and rewarding. Work with subject matter experts at our Atlanta campus or at the 14 other locations in MD, OH, VA, AL FL HI, TX, CA, AZ, DC and GA. The sky is the limit when it comes to growing your career and professional interests in such diverse areas as: Cyber Security Jobs, Big Data Jobs and Data Intelligence Jobs, Computer Science Jobs, Software Engineering Jobs, High Performance Computing Jobs ( HPC Jobs ), Hardware Design Jobs, Embedded System Design Jobs, Communication Systems Design Jobs, High Speed Networks Jobs, Electromagnetics Jobs ( EM Jobs ) including Radar Systems Jobs, Antenna Design Jobs, Electronic Warfare Jobs( EW Jobs ), Sensor Design Jobs, Intelligent Systems Jobs, Systems Engineering Jobs and others.
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Ranked as the #7 best public university, Georgia Tech provides a focused, technologically based education to more than 21,500 undergraduate and graduate students.
Georgia Tech has many nationally recognized programs, all top-ranked by peers and publications alike, and is ranked in the nation’s top 10 public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
Degrees are offered through the colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.
The strong academic work ethic at Tech is balanced by a collegiate atmosphere incorporating both intercollegiate and intramural sports, campus traditions, and some 400 student organizations.
Alongside their academic achievements, Tech students are also active in the community, earning a well-rounded education through community service activities.
As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 centers focused on interdisciplinary research that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to American government, industry, and business.
There is no doubt that Georgia Tech stands out as a distinctively different kind of university, one that is eagerly encouraging and developing the revolutionary technologies of the 21st century.
Equipped with the extremely rich resources of an outstanding student body and faculty; strong partnerships with business, industry, and government; and support from alumni and friends, Georgia Tech is designing a future of global preeminence, leadership, and service.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Software Testing Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Information Technology Jobs
- View more Management Jobs
- View more Education Jobs
- View more Antennas and Propagation Jobs
- View more Communications Jobs
- View more Computer Engineering Jobs
- View more Consulting Jobs
- View more Electromagnetics Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Faculty Jobs
- View more Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Jobs
View More Jobs in Huntsville, AL:
- View more jobs in Huntsville, Alabama
- Software Testing jobs in Huntsville, Alabama
- Engineering jobs in Huntsville, Alabama
- Information Technology jobs in Huntsville, Alabama
- Management jobs in Huntsville, Alabama
- Education jobs in Huntsville, Alabama
- Antennas and Propagation jobs in Huntsville, Alabama
- Communications jobs in Huntsville, Alabama
- Computer Engineering jobs in Huntsville, Alabama
- Consulting jobs in Huntsville, Alabama
- Electromagnetics jobs in Huntsville, Alabama
- Electronics Engineer jobs in Huntsville, Alabama
- Faculty jobs in Huntsville, Alabama
- Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) jobs in Huntsville, Alabama
View More Jobs in AL:
- View more jobs in Alabama
- Software Testing jobs in Alabama
- Engineering jobs in Alabama
- Information Technology jobs in Alabama
- Management jobs in Alabama
- Education jobs in Alabama
- Antennas and Propagation jobs in Alabama
- Communications jobs in Alabama
- Computer Engineering jobs in Alabama
- Consulting jobs in Alabama
- Electromagnetics jobs in Alabama
- Electronics Engineer jobs in Alabama
- Faculty jobs in Alabama
- Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) jobs in Alabama