Software Reverse Engineer - CTISL 1074
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
Location: Atlanta, GA
Description: Job Description:
Job Description: GTRI/CTISL seeks a highly motivated individual with 1-10 years of work experience to perform software reverse engineering and assessment of embedded device security vulnerabilities. Although some reverse engineering tasks will involve x86 executables, most tasks will involve embedded systems. The software reverse engineer will be expected to support sponsor briefings and preparation of technical deliverables.
Education: B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 1 year minimum software reverse engineering experience (x86 or other processors) using tools such as IdaPro.
- Experience with embedded operating systems.Candidate may be tasked to reverse engineer an embedded OS and identify bootloaders, kernels, program code and both static and dynamic drivers.Experience with developing programs running on an embedded real time operating system such as vxWorks, QNX, or LinuxRT is a plus.
- Experience with microcontrollers and programmable logic devices used in embedded systems.Candidate may be tasked to reverse engineer a variety of different processor types such as ARM, 8051, PowerPC, Freescale 68K, or TI DSP.
- Strong background in digital communication theory to include modulation/demodulation, spread spectrum (frequency hopping, in particular). error correction coding, synchronization methods, wireless network management strategies, encryption algorithms, and authentication.
Other: Candidate must be a U.S. citizen and eligible to pursue a Secret DoD security clearance
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Ranked as the #7 best public university, Georgia Tech provides a focused, technologically based education to more than 21,500 undergraduate and graduate students.
Georgia Tech has many nationally recognized programs, all top-ranked by peers and publications alike, and is ranked in the nation’s top 10 public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
Degrees are offered through the colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.
The strong academic work ethic at Tech is balanced by a collegiate atmosphere incorporating both intercollegiate and intramural sports, campus traditions, and some 400 student organizations.
Alongside their academic achievements, Tech students are also active in the community, earning a well-rounded education through community service activities.
As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 centers focused on interdisciplinary research that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to American government, industry, and business.
There is no doubt that Georgia Tech stands out as a distinctively different kind of university, one that is eagerly encouraging and developing the revolutionary technologies of the 21st century.
Equipped with the extremely rich resources of an outstanding student body and faculty; strong partnerships with business, industry, and government; and support from alumni and friends, Georgia Tech is designing a future of global preeminence, leadership, and service.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Management Jobs
- View more Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Jobs