Software Engineer SDLC - ICL- 725
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
- Information Technology
- Antennas and Propagation
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Programming/Systems
- Electronics Engineer
- Software Engineering
Location: Atlanta, GA
Description: Software Application Developer SDLC - ICL 725
The Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) in Atlanta, GA is looking for Software Apps Developers who can think outside of the box and don’t want to do the same old thing every day. We value bright, intellectually curious, growth oriented professionals and provide a work environment that allows work / life balance and opportunity. Check out your opportunities at GTRI.
Responsible for the development and management of the full software development life cycle C C++ Labview apps. This opportunity is within GTRI’s Information & Communication Lab which focuses on the future of Communication and Information technologies. In this role you will develop software for applications concerning communications and sensor systems and various testing environments. This opportunity places an emphasis and deep full lifecycle development experience and software development management tools and code reviews as you work with other team members, system engineers and customers to gather requirements, design, develop, document, test, track and present your work that is important to protecting and keeping people safe.
REQUIREMENTS THAT MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or the equivalent. MS (preferred and encouraged)
- US Citizenship AND/ OR the ability to get a security clearance
- Experience with Windows and Android programming
- Knowledge of software architectures
- Management of SDLC including writing software requirement specs and design documents, performing code reviews, configuration management tools (SVN preferred), coding standards, unit testing, and system testing
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Ability to give good technical presentations and communicate with non-technical audiences
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred skills include:
- MATLAB, C/C++, Python, LabView, Assembly
- Strong math skills and ability to learn complex engineering concepts
- Familiarity with Linux and open source tools
ABOUT GEORGIA TECH RESEARCH INSTITUTE
GTRI has been recognized as one of Atlanta’s Best Places to Work by the Atlanta Business Chronicle 4 of the last 5 years. GTRI offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and a great location. Professional growth opportunities include support for advanced degrees, patent rights, and freedom for approved outside consulting, periodic special courses in technical and leadership topics, and support for paper preparation and presentation.
The Georgia Tech research Institute is hiring the best and brightest curious professionals to join their research teams delivering real-world results to government and industry partners. GTRI employs over 900 research faculty, with an annual sponsored research budget of over $300 million. The important work we do is diverse, challenging, and rewarding. Work with subject matter experts at our Atlanta campus or at the 14 other locations in MD, OH, VA, AL FL HI, TX, CA, AZ, DC and GA. The sky is the limit when it comes to growing your career and professional interests in such diverse areas as: Cyber Security Jobs, Big Data Jobs and Data Intelligence Jobs, Computer Science Jobs, Software Engineering Jobs, High Performance Computing Jobs ( HPC Jobs ), Hardware Design Jobs, Embedded System Design Jobs, Communication Systems Design Jobs, High Speed Networks Jobs, Electromagnetics Jobs ( EM Jobs ) including Radar Systems Jobs, Antenna Design Jobs, Electronic Warfare Jobs( EW Jobs ), Sensor Design Jobs, Intelligent Systems Jobs, Systems Engineering Jobs and others.
You can learn more about GTRI and career opportunities by visiting us at: http://www.gtri.gatech.edu
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Ranked as the #7 best public university, Georgia Tech provides a focused, technologically based education to more than 21,500 undergraduate and graduate students.
Georgia Tech has many nationally recognized programs, all top-ranked by peers and publications alike, and is ranked in the nation’s top 10 public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
Degrees are offered through the colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.
The strong academic work ethic at Tech is balanced by a collegiate atmosphere incorporating both intercollegiate and intramural sports, campus traditions, and some 400 student organizations.
Alongside their academic achievements, Tech students are also active in the community, earning a well-rounded education through community service activities.
As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 centers focused on interdisciplinary research that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to American government, industry, and business.
There is no doubt that Georgia Tech stands out as a distinctively different kind of university, one that is eagerly encouraging and developing the revolutionary technologies of the 21st century.
Equipped with the extremely rich resources of an outstanding student body and faculty; strong partnerships with business, industry, and government; and support from alumni and friends, Georgia Tech is designing a future of global preeminence, leadership, and service.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Software Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Information Technology Jobs
- View more Management Jobs
- View more Education Jobs
- View more Antennas and Propagation Jobs
- View more Communications Jobs
- View more Computer Engineering Jobs
- View more Computer Programming/Systems Jobs
- View more Consulting Jobs
- View more Electromagnetics Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Faculty Jobs
- View more Software Engineering Jobs
- View more Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Jobs
View More Jobs in Atlanta, GA:
- View more jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Software Engineer jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Engineering jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Information Technology jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Management jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Education jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Antennas and Propagation jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Communications jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Computer Engineering jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Computer Programming/Systems jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Consulting jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Electromagnetics jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Electronics Engineer jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Faculty jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Software Engineering jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
View More Jobs in GA:
- View more jobs in Georgia
- Software Engineer jobs in Georgia
- Engineering jobs in Georgia
- Information Technology jobs in Georgia
- Management jobs in Georgia
- Education jobs in Georgia
- Antennas and Propagation jobs in Georgia
- Communications jobs in Georgia
- Computer Engineering jobs in Georgia
- Computer Programming/Systems jobs in Georgia
- Consulting jobs in Georgia
- Electromagnetics jobs in Georgia
- Electronics Engineer jobs in Georgia
- Faculty jobs in Georgia
- Software Engineering jobs in Georgia
- Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) jobs in Georgia