Software Engineer/Research Scientist II - Systems Engineering - SEAL 1072
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
- Electronics Engineer
Location: Smyrna, GA
Description: Software Engineer/Research Scientist II - System Engineering
The Georgia Tech Research Institute has opportunities for senior research software engineers within the Sensor Software Architecture (S2A) group in Atlanta, Georgia. The S2A group mission is to provide world class software to be used in sensors, signal processing, electronic warning, and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) systems deployed on land, air and sea. Our software teams employ an AGILE Scrum process to rapidly develop requirements, design, code, integrate and test capabilities on a continuous basis into a mature solution for our customers. We strive for technical excellence by drawing upon a diverse workforce whose knowledge base covers the complete spectrum of modern computing languages and platforms.
The successful candidate will be involved in matching GTRI capabilities based on analysis of Government agencies intelligence needs. This position will require experience in the intelligence community – current capabilities and future technologies. This system engineering position also requires the ability to communicate to the customer GTRI’s capabilities and approach for design and implementing an Open System Architecture (OSA) that satisfies all the program requirements. The candidate will be required to write technical and management white papers and is responsible for requested proposals. On award of the program the candidate will be responsible for the GTRI effort in regards to technical management, budget, staffing and program execution.
- 4+ years experience in all phases of Software Engineering including
- 2 years experience with C, C++ or Java
- 2 years Linux or UNIX experience
- Experience in defining open system architectures that involve both software and hardware
- Existing secret clearance, or the ability to obtain an interim clearance within 30 days and full clearance thereafter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Software development experience in a DoD environment
- Interface with customer and articulate GTRI capabilities
- Strong problem solving ability
- Self-starter and ability to lead development, integration and test activities
- Experience developing software in a team based development environment, preferably Agile/SCRUM
Required Education (Including Major):
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Computer, or Software Engineering
- MS or Ph.D Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Software Engineering
Other: Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Ranked as the #7 best public university, Georgia Tech provides a focused, technologically based education to more than 21,500 undergraduate and graduate students.
Georgia Tech has many nationally recognized programs, all top-ranked by peers and publications alike, and is ranked in the nation’s top 10 public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
Degrees are offered through the colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.
The strong academic work ethic at Tech is balanced by a collegiate atmosphere incorporating both intercollegiate and intramural sports, campus traditions, and some 400 student organizations.
Alongside their academic achievements, Tech students are also active in the community, earning a well-rounded education through community service activities.
As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 centers focused on interdisciplinary research that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to American government, industry, and business.
There is no doubt that Georgia Tech stands out as a distinctively different kind of university, one that is eagerly encouraging and developing the revolutionary technologies of the 21st century.
Equipped with the extremely rich resources of an outstanding student body and faculty; strong partnerships with business, industry, and government; and support from alumni and friends, Georgia Tech is designing a future of global preeminence, leadership, and service.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Software Engineer Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Jobs