Software Development Engineer ICL 1236
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
- Design/Development Engineering
Location: Atlanta, GA
Description: POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Software Development Engineer 1236
The Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) is an objective partner with DOD in solving the most complex technical problems facing our country. Our research and technical expertise in full-spectrum sensing, information technology, test and evaluation, and systems engineering help government agencies defend our nation, secure our homeland and make the world a safer place to live.
GTRI's Information and Communications Laboratory (ICL) in Atlanta, GA, is seeking a Software Development Engineer to join its mission of conducting applied research for analysis, design, development, test, and evaluation of threat systems, ground electronic warfare, and ground and airborne communications systems. Activities are focused on the analysis and development of complete systems including hardware-in-the-loop emulation, system modeling and simulation, deployable prototype/first generation systems, lab test sets, and field tests instrumentation.
GTRI is looking for a computer engineer or scientist with experience in design, coding and testing of applications and software to support programs in ground electronic warfare and communication system development applications. Candidates must have a background in development and delivery of working prototypes and final products. Candidates must also enjoy working with open source software, developing in a team environment, and interacting and controlling cutting edge hardware. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, with experience in programming and RF communication system testing with an advanced degree preferred.
- Candidates must be U.S. Citizens and be capable of acquiring (or currently possess) a Department of Defense SECRET level clearance.
- BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (MS preferred)
- 3+ years of computer programming experience.
- Experience with radio communication systems, testing, design
- Strong Windows and Linux software development and automated build environments experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with C# and Python
- Demonstrated ability with Windows/Unix/Linux development tools, and extensive familiarity with the software development lifecycle
- The selection process will include passing a pre-employment background screening.
- Position will be based in Atlanta, GA, and will include approximately 10% travel.
- Experience in
- Experience with Linux kernel development.
- Demonstrated proficiency with C# and Python
- Experience with LabVIEW and daqMX.
- Experience with MATLAB.
- Experience with android development.
- Experience with network analysis tools (Wireshark).
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Ranked as the #7 best public university, Georgia Tech provides a focused, technologically based education to more than 21,500 undergraduate and graduate students.
Georgia Tech has many nationally recognized programs, all top-ranked by peers and publications alike, and is ranked in the nation’s top 10 public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
Degrees are offered through the colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.
The strong academic work ethic at Tech is balanced by a collegiate atmosphere incorporating both intercollegiate and intramural sports, campus traditions, and some 400 student organizations.
Alongside their academic achievements, Tech students are also active in the community, earning a well-rounded education through community service activities.
As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 centers focused on interdisciplinary research that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to American government, industry, and business.
There is no doubt that Georgia Tech stands out as a distinctively different kind of university, one that is eagerly encouraging and developing the revolutionary technologies of the 21st century.
Equipped with the extremely rich resources of an outstanding student body and faculty; strong partnerships with business, industry, and government; and support from alumni and friends, Georgia Tech is designing a future of global preeminence, leadership, and service.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Software Developer Jobs
- View more Design/Development Engineering Jobs
- View more Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Jobs