Software Development Engineer
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
- Design/Development Engineering
Location: Huntsville, AL
Description: Software Development Engineer
The Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) is an objective partner with DOD in solving the most complex technical problems facing our country. Our research and technical expertise in full-spectrum sensing, information technology, test and evaluation, and systems engineering help government agencies defend our nation, secure our homeland and make the world a safer place to live.
GTRI's Applied Systems Laboratory (ASL) in Huntsville, AL, is seeking a Software Development Engineer to join its mission of conducting applied research, development, test and evaluation of ground-based air and missile defense and rotary-wing aviation systems. Activities include hardware-in-the-loop and software-in-the-loop, system modeling and simulation, system-of-systems and family-of-systems interoperability for integrated air and missile defense, fire control and command & control, and critical safety software development and engineering.
- 6+ years of computer networking experience and system design involving OSI or TCP/IP protocol stack analysis.
- BS in Electrical OR Computer Engineering (MS or PhD preferred)
- Strong Linux software development and automated build environments experience
- Experience working in a classified software development and testing environment
- Demonstrated ability with Unix/Linux development tools, and extensive familiarity with the software development lifecycle
- Experience with network analysis tools (Wireshark), network communication protocols IIPV6, Multicast, SLACC, VLAN0, and Data Distribution Services (DDS) are a plus.
- Candidates must be a US Citizen who can possess (or currently possesses) at least a DOD SECRET security clearance.
- The selection process will include passing a pre-employment background screening.
- Position will be based in Huntsville, AL, and will include approximately 10% travel.
- Highly prefer candidates who currently reside in the Huntsville, AL, area.
In Fiscal Year 2015, GTRI performed more than $338 million of problem-solving applied research in our eight dynamic laboratories organized into three directorates:
- Electronics, Optics& Systems (EOS)
- Information and Cyber Sciences (ICS) and
- Sensors and Intelligent Systems (SIS).
These laboratories are found on and off the main campus of Georgia tech, and in 16 field offices located around the nation.
OUR MISSION: To solve complex problems through innovative and cuctomer-focused research and education.
OUR VISION: To be the world's premier applied research and development organization.
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Ranked as the #7 best public university, Georgia Tech provides a focused, technologically based education to more than 21,500 undergraduate and graduate students.
Georgia Tech has many nationally recognized programs, all top-ranked by peers and publications alike, and is ranked in the nation’s top 10 public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
Degrees are offered through the colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.
The strong academic work ethic at Tech is balanced by a collegiate atmosphere incorporating both intercollegiate and intramural sports, campus traditions, and some 400 student organizations.
Alongside their academic achievements, Tech students are also active in the community, earning a well-rounded education through community service activities.
As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 centers focused on interdisciplinary research that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to American government, industry, and business.
There is no doubt that Georgia Tech stands out as a distinctively different kind of university, one that is eagerly encouraging and developing the revolutionary technologies of the 21st century.
Equipped with the extremely rich resources of an outstanding student body and faculty; strong partnerships with business, industry, and government; and support from alumni and friends, Georgia Tech is designing a future of global preeminence, leadership, and service.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Software Developer Jobs
- View more Design/Development Engineering Jobs
- View more Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Jobs