Software Development Engineer (C++, machine learning)
- Computer Engineering
- Software Engineering
We are looking for a highly motivated researcher & software developer with machine learning and/or semiconductor test background to join our R&D team developing industry leading tools that perform scan test diagnosis and yield learning from a volume of diagnosis results.
High semiconductor manufacturing yield is critical for companies that ship a large volume of chips. However, debugging low yield issues is becoming increasingly hard and expensive for today’s advanced technology nodes. Tessent Diagnosis is the industry leading tool that helps semiconductor companies analyze scan test fail data to produce potential defect suspects in a defective die, and, then analyze these results from a large volume of failing die to identify yield limiters.
As part of this role, you will be working alongside the industry leaders in this field to apply machine learning algorithms to the problems of test, diagnosis and identifying yield limiters from volume diagnosis data. This work provides you a chance to create solutions for today’s most challenging problems in the fast growing field of scan test diagnosis driven yield analysis and have a wide impact in the semiconductor industry.
The successful candidates must possess the following combination of education and experience:
1. PhD (OR MS with 5+ years of demonstrated research/industry experience) in Computer Science or Electrical & Computer Engineering with at least one of the following areas of focus (in order of preference):
a. Applying machine learning techniques to semiconductor test problems
b. General machine learning not necessarily related to semiconductor test
c. Scan test diagnosis algorithm development
d. General semiconductor test topics: ATPG, DFT, BIST, scan compression
2. Strong C++ development skills. Attention to detail and the ability to accurately estimate software tasks and delivery on schedule.
3. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
4. Highly motivated to understand complex problems and come up with creative solutions.
This position may require access to export-controlled technology. If an export license is required and Mentor Graphics elects to apply for such a license, then candidates must be approved and licensed by the applicable government authorities as a condition of employment.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Software Developer Jobs
- View more Computer Engineering Jobs
- View more Software Engineering Jobs
- View more Mentor Graphics Jobs