Site Electrical Engineer (24 months)
Black & Veatch
Job Title:Site Electrical Engineer (24 months)
Site Electrical Engineer (24 months)
Business Line:Corporate Const/Procurement
Owner's Engineer to PLNE.
PLN will build Steam Power Plant (PLTU) Units 3 and 4 Pangkalan Susu, 2 × 200 Mega Watt (MW) in the village of Pasir, Subdistrict Pangkalan Susu, Langkat district, North Sumatra Province.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review and provide comments/recommendations on the overall construction activities and schedules, and report any problem, deviation, non-conformance, or delay in construction progress and actions to be taken.
• Review and provide comments/recommendations on construction procedures, practices and activities to determine in general whether they are in compliance with standards, specifications, statutory requirements and good internationally accepted construction practices, including emergency and security plans.
• Review and provide comments/recommendations on the EPC Contractor’s manpower and equipment mobilization and assignments relative to the construction schedule and quality requirements.
• Review and provide comments/recommendations on the project’s actual progress, and notify Owner’s Engineer in a timely manner of any potential delays that can lead to the delays of project completion.
• Carry out site inspections to review and provide comments/recommendations on the quality of construction works and to witness any tests performed on the works, and promptly issue non-conformance reports as necessary.
• Review and provide comments/recommendations on construction test results and checklists.
• Review and provide comments on completion of each construction stage.
• Review and advise on weekly construction reports submitted by the EPC Contractor.
• Review and provide comments/recommendations on the attainment of project milestones and deliverables to facilitate approval of progress payments.
• Determine whether the EPC Contractor provides the required project control documentation.
• Inform Owner’s Engineer in a timely manner of project status, trends, observed potential problems, and to suggest necessary actions, including advice regarding the EPC Contractor’s recovery plans to remedy any schedule progress deficiencies.
• Support Owner’s Engineer in maintaining records and accounts of all commitments incurred and payments made to suppliers and contractors employed by the Owner for the execution of any part of the project.
• Support Owner’s Engineer in reviewing and resolutions of matters related to suppliers’ and contractors’ guarantees and warranties.
• Supporting Owner’s Engineer in reviewing and resolutions of claims made against the contractors by the Owner and/or vice versa.
• Support Owner’s Engineer in preparation of taking over and final certificates.
• Prepare and submit monthly status reports together with relevant photographs, providing general analysis of project status, trends and observed potential problems as well as identifying corrective actions. In addition, B&V will submit in a timely manner dedicated reports on relevant matters that may need particular attention of Owner’s Engineer (accidents, major equipment/material defects, special issues, etc.).
• Prepare and submit to Owner’s Engineer a project close out report after services have been successfully fulfilled.
• Adheres to safety and quality standards as appropriate for level of duties and accountabilities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• At least 10 years of experience in coal fired power plant installation and commissioning in the role electrical engineer.
• Specific experience of working with coal-fired power plants and with Chinese contractor would be an advantage.
• Demonstrated success in working collaboratively with multidisciplinary site, engineering staff and contracted resources.
• Excellent oral, written communication, and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels in English.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch
does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status,
pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.
Company:Black & Veatch
View Similar Jobs:
View More Jobs in East Jakarta, Special Capital Region of Jakarta:
- View more jobs in East Jakarta, state_Special Capital Region of Jakarta
- Electrical Engineer jobs in East Jakarta, state_Special Capital Region of Jakarta
- Engineering jobs in East Jakarta, state_Special Capital Region of Jakarta
- Black & Veatch jobs in East Jakarta, state_Special Capital Region of Jakarta