Signal Processing Circuits and Systems (REF: ECE AC)
- Circuits and Systems
- Computer Programming/Systems
- Signal Processing
Nazarbayev University's School of Engineering invites applications for full-time faculty positions in the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering to begin in August 2017. We are primarily interested in candidates at Assistant Professor rank (or higher rank for exceptional cases) with expertise in the area of Signal Processing Circuits and Systems (REF: ECE AC)
We seek candidates with a commitment to excellence in both research and teaching. Applicants should have been awarded a Ph.D. or equivalent degree within last 15 years, and are expected to have publications in top ranked journals/conferences in the areas of their expertise. Experience in industry and the alignment with thematic areas of the department would be favorably considered.
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering is a unit of the School of Engineering, Nazarbayev University, with innovation and research as its core values in the broad thematic areas of Electronics and Communications, Power and Control, Hardware and Architecture, and Signal Processing and Artificial Intelligence. The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering offers Bachelor's, Master's, and PhD programs, and attracts some of the best students in the country. The programs emphasize research and inquiry based learning, and is aimed to follow a low student-to-faculty ratio of about 10:1. E-mail: Head of Department, Dr. Alex James at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional informal inquiries.
The NU campus is located in Astana, the capital of Kazakhstan, in the heart of the new and ultra-modern Left-Bank region of the city. Incoming faculty will enjoy a cosmopolitan living experience, interwoven with traditional cultural influences in food and entertainment. The social life offers a rich and vibrant atmosphere with excellent clubs and restaurants, theater, music, opera, dancing, museums, modern and traditional bazaar shopping, professional and amateur sports, outdoor recreation, and much more.
Initial appointment is on a 3-year renewable contract and subsequent appointments can be 5-year/3-year renewable subject to annual performance reviews. An attractive internationally competitive remuneration package will include:
- ● Internationally competitive salary;
- ● A startup grant for conference travels and building collaborations;
- ● Paid Holiday leave of 56 days per annum;
- ● Two round trip flights for the appointee and dependants home per annum;
- ● International health insurance;
- ● Rent-free housing for the appointee and dependants;
- ● Assistance for relocation expenses including shipment allowance and air fares for the appointee and dependants;
- ● and an educational allowance for dependent children.
Review of applications begins in March 2017 and continues until positions are filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Interested candidates are encouraged to find out more about NUSENG at seng.nu.edu.kz and departmental information at www.nuece.info. Skype interviews for shortlisted applicants will be scheduled during March/April, 2017.
Applications require a cover letter, C.V., teaching statement, research statement, copies of three best papers, a selected list of not more than 20 best publications, and three letters of recommendation. Incomplete applications will not be considered for review. Email the applications to the Dean of the School, Dr. Erkan Topal through online submission form avaliable at https://seng.nu.edu.kz/home/working-here/academic-openings/. For priority consideration, application materials must be received by March 20, 2017.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Systems Administrator Jobs
- View more Circuits and Systems Jobs
- View more Computer Programming/Systems Jobs
- View more Signal Processing Jobs
- View more Nazarbayev University Jobs
View More Jobs in Astana, Akmola Province:
- View more jobs in Astana, state_Akmola Province
- Systems Administrator jobs in Astana, state_Akmola Province
- Circuits and Systems jobs in Astana, state_Akmola Province
- Computer Programming/Systems jobs in Astana, state_Akmola Province
- Signal Processing jobs in Astana, state_Akmola Province
- Nazarbayev University jobs in Astana, state_Akmola Province
View More Jobs in Akmola Province:
- View more jobs in state_Akmola Province
- Systems Administrator jobs in state_Akmola Province
- Circuits and Systems jobs in state_Akmola Province
- Computer Programming/Systems jobs in state_Akmola Province
- Signal Processing jobs in state_Akmola Province
- Nazarbayev University jobs in state_Akmola Province