Senior Wireless Firmware Engineer
Starkey Hearing technologies
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Programming/Systems
- Design/Development Engineering
- Electronics Engineer
- Signal Processing
Senior Wireless Firmware Engineer
Driven by a passion to help the hearing impaired, Starkey has been researching and developing advanced sound technology since 1967. We understand the art of frequencies and decibels, the science of acoustics and the engineering obstacles necessary to overcome putting world class sound in tiny devices.
If you want to use your engineering experience innovating products that change the world, then Starkey Hearing Technologies has the position just for you! Starkey Hearing Technologies is seeking a talented and experienced Wireless Firmware Engineer to join the Firmware Engineering Department.
The Firmware Engineering Department at Starkey Hearing Technologies is responsible for architecting, developing, and verifying firmware for DSPs and microcontrollers that define the core functionality of millions of hearing products shipped worldwide. We have an abundance of initiatives in the fields of audio digital signal processing and wireless communication to provide innovative hearing solutions.
- An experienced team built around a culture of professional growth and knowledge sharing
- Empowered teams doing fast-paced agile development
- Excellent starting salary and benefits package, and company sponsored continuing education
What you will do:
- Implement firmware for current and next generation low power wireless hearing products.
- Work on projects at varying stages of technology maturity; our projects range from new technology development to projects introducing proven feature enhancements to our existing family of hearing products.
- Firmware - Design, develop and verify firmware for next generation hearing products
- Requirements - Collaborate with cross-functional teams to convert user stories into system and firmware requirements
- Technical leadership – Lead firmware projects and represent the firmware engineering department as a technical lead in cross-functional development teams. Mentor other engineers and help in the technical and professional growth of the team.
- Process development – enhance existing processes to improve development efficiency
You will need:
- MS in Electrical Engineering or related field, plus five years of post-graduate industry experience or a BS in Electrical Engineering or related field, plus seven years industry experience.
- Strong skills in programming embedded systems in C and assembly
- Experience in low level RTOS and “bare metal” development
- Experience with power, CPU cycle and memory footprint optimization
- Proficiency in debugging hardware and firmware issues
- Knowledge of short range wireless technologies (i.e. Bluetooth, Bluetooth Low Energy, ZigBee, RFID, proprietary sub-1 GHz)
- Knowledge of audio digital signal processing and audio CODECs, preferred
- Knowledge of Matlab & Python or similar scripting languages, preferred
- Project management or project lead experience, preferred
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Wireless Specialist Jobs
- View more Computer Engineering Jobs
- View more Computer Programming/Systems Jobs
- View more Design/Development Engineering Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Signal Processing Jobs
- View more Starkey Hearing technologies Jobs
View More Jobs in Eden Prairie, MN:
- View more jobs in Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- Wireless Specialist jobs in Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- Computer Engineering jobs in Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- Computer Programming/Systems jobs in Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- Design/Development Engineering jobs in Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- Electronics Engineer jobs in Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- Signal Processing jobs in Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- Starkey Hearing technologies jobs in Eden Prairie, Minnesota
View More Jobs in MN:
- View more jobs in Minnesota
- Wireless Specialist jobs in Minnesota
- Computer Engineering jobs in Minnesota
- Computer Programming/Systems jobs in Minnesota
- Design/Development Engineering jobs in Minnesota
- Electronics Engineer jobs in Minnesota
- Signal Processing jobs in Minnesota
- Starkey Hearing technologies jobs in Minnesota