Senior Technical Leader - Maintenance & Asset Management
EPRI - Electric Power Research Institute
- Power Engineering
- Environment, Health, and Safety
Senior Technical Leader - Maintenance & Asset Management
This new Senior Technical Leader position is intended to support the development and execution of an expanded Sector strategy related to reliability centered maintenance, condition based maintenance, asset management, monitoring & diagnostics and related fields pertaining to fossil, gas and renewable power generating facilities. The role of this position is to establish, grow, and manage a robust R&D project portfolio through close membership advisory engagement on issues of technical importance, effective coordination and collaboration with peers across the Institute, and active participation in industry forums. In addition, this position will be seen as a critical internal resource supporting individual program areas specifically dealing with maintenance approaches as it relates to strategically important applications of equipment monitoring, assessment, operations, and control. The R&D scope spans all Technology Readiness Levels [TRL] 1-9 -- from proof of concept through hardware requirements/specifications for commercial field deployment and manufacturing. This position will also be expected to serve in a matrix job function that interfaces with a variety of other discipline and equipment-focused programs.
- Defining, coordinating, and/or managing research activities in the field of maintenance processes, asset management, technology and related instrumentation and monitoring;
- Addressing limiting factors of existing asset management approaches and integration to Monitoring and Diagnostic (M&D) systems;
- Work with EPRI program managers, project managers, and other technical staff in conjunction with other industry personnel – including utility representatives, research organizations, government agencies, academia, and others – to identify challenges and research opportunities;
- Identify, plan, budget, and manage research projects;
- Attend and present at technical conferences both internal and external to EPRI;
- Provide technical support to EPRI member companies related to EPRI results;
- Manage contractors and sub-contractors from both a technical and financial perspective; and
- Be available for travel approximately 25% of the time
- Plans, designs, and controls the progress of complex project work within the technical department to meet member/client objectives; prepares and presents research reports.
- Manages small to medium level projects without direct people management responsibilities.
- Assumes responsibility for highly specialized technical objectives or problems where the relationships between cause and effect are difficult to establish and little or no precedence exists, and the use of creative imaginative thinking is required.
- Influences project teams in the engineering aspects of the technical work.
- Provides input into configuration management and documentation for engineer related projects.
- Leads proposal efforts and new promotional work.
- Maintains familiarity with the progress and problems in assigned technical areas.
- Prepares proposals, technical publications, and delivers presentations.
- Leads national and international technical networks with manufacturers, consultants, academia, and research organizations.
- Works independently on technical activities without direct supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience required
- 8+ years of industry experience in power generation (preferred) or other process industry and specifically condition based maintenance -related job functions
- Proven experience in creating and managing research and development projects
- PMP certification is ideal, though not required; 5+ years in project management is required
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to recognize strategic issues and build collaborative projects.
- Required limited supervision and guidance
- Responsible for the success of individual projects
- Works closely with members, contractors, staff to manage projects
- Experience in successful proposal preparation, and marketing activities.
- Manages multiple projects
- Responsible for project budgets, schedules, deliverables, and technology transfer
- Shows maturity of technical expertise and assumes responsibility for highly specialized technical objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Individual contributor
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Increasing technical depth/breadth to become a subject matter expert
The Ideal Candidate
- Possesses a strong technical background in reliability centered maintenance, condition based maintenance and pattern recognition;
- Has worked for organizations involved in developing and implementing condition based maintenance strategies
- Has a strong technical understanding of non-nuclear, bulk power generation units/systems/equipment and processes;
- Exhibits excellent communication skills – including verbal, written, and presentation;
- Is highly proficient at technical writing and reviewing;
- Has the ability to contribute and/or manage collections of activities that are matrixed into other activities and disciplines;
- Exhibits exceptional people and team skills that enable a collaborative approach to projects;
- Shows strong technical leadership and ownership within areas/subject matters of expertise;
- Explores opportunities for creativity, innovation, and differing perspectives – has the ability to solicit external contributions/inputs to stimulate creativity and innovation;
- Exhibits good judgment in complex environments and situations; and
Is self-driven, motivated, and resourceful. EPRI participates in E-Verify, an online system operated jointly by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration (SSA). EPRI uses the system to check the work status of new hires by comparing information from the employee's I-9 form against SSA and Department of Homeland Security databases.
Note: To ensure compliance with U.S. export controls, please indicate your U.S. citizenship or (for foreign citizens) your U.S. visa/immigration status in your resume or cover letter.
EPRI is an equal opportunity employer.
Together . . . Shaping the Future of Electricity.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Advisor Technical Jobs
- View more Energy Jobs
- View more Power Engineering Jobs
- View more Research Jobs
- View more Environment, Health, and Safety Jobs
- View more EPRI - Electric Power Research Institute Jobs
View More Jobs in Charlotte, NC:
- View more jobs in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Advisor Technical jobs in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Energy jobs in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Power Engineering jobs in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Research jobs in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Environment, Health, and Safety jobs in Charlotte, North Carolina
- EPRI - Electric Power Research Institute jobs in Charlotte, North Carolina