Senior System Architect Web of Things
Siemens Corp. Research
- Computer Engineering
- Control Systems
- Software Engineering
- Vehicular Technology
For nearly 170 years, pioneering technologies and the business models developed from them have been the foundation of Siemens‘ success. Our central research and development unit, Corporate Technology (CT) plays an important role in this. Together with our global network of experts, we are a strategic partner to Siemens’ operative units and provide important services along the entire value chain – from research and development to production and quality assurance, as well as optimized business processes. Our support provided to the businesses in their research and development activities is ideally balanced with our own future-oriented research.
We at Corporate Technology are more than employees: We are actively helping to make people’s lives a little better every day. Would you like to be a part of that? Then join us. We offer you a high level of practical relevance as well as an opportunity to individually contribute your knowledge and your visions around the world. Whether you’re helping to develop products for the operating units or working in interdisciplinary projects for the business areas: At Corporate Technology you’ll be working in the heart of Siemens’ technological research together with the best.
The Research in Digitalization and Automation (RDA), as part of Siemens Corporate Technology (CT), is at the heart of Siemens R&D. Our deep competence and expertise make us the preferred partner for innovation. We develop technologies with wide applicability so that Siemens may successfully bring innovations to market. Our scientists located around the world help create and retain a technological edge for Siemens in the focus area of automation, electrification and industrial digitalization.
Siemens CT is seeking a Senior Architect for Control Communication Protocols to be part of our Embedded Networks Research Group in the Technology Field of Networks and Communication based in Princeton, NJ, US.
The Embedded Networks Research Group focuses on communication technologies for embedded networks, aiming at revolutionize industrial processes and systems with cutting edge web technologies. The group has been active in the Web of Things community, bringing connectivity to both legacy devices and next generation products. The group has also been leading the effort in standardizing and developing communication stacks for Electromobility, supporting Siemens vision to achieve Zero Emission, and piloting worldwide deployment of high power charging stations for electrical buses and cars.
The focus of this position will be on architecture web based communication technology into Siemens distributed control networks and automation systems. A lead application for this technology is the charging control of electrical vehicles. This position reports to the Head of Research Group, Embedded Networks US in the Network and Communication Technology Field.
•Identify technological innovations in distributed control systems that enable the integration of today's automation systems with appropriate Web technologies.
•Lead in advancing the Web of Things in expert research and standardization communities across industry platform leaders, startups, and universities.
•Understand the different Siemens business sectors to identify and apply use cases for new technologies.
•Set up and execute a strategy for the outreach to Siemens Business Units and further development of identified approaches, leading to technology migration and projects to contribute to Siemens business growth.
•Coordinate and guide team members in pilot implementations with own hands-on software development experiences.
•Identify, supervise, and lead in design and implementation of a pilot approach for the integration of the electric vehicle charge control systems with Web-based applications to the Siemens control systems.
• Masters in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. PhD preferred.
•Expert in implementation of communication stacks for Web and Internet of Things (IoT).
•6+ years of professional hands-on experience in developing and advancing Web technologies
•Active involvement in open source communities (ideally Web or IoT projects).
•Experience in combining interdisciplinary technologies for emerging applications.
•Experience in driving decisions of stakeholders through demonstrating innovative ideas.
•Experience in leading/coordinating a team in achieving research goals
•Ability and motivation to learn and use new technologies.
•Capable of multitasking and leading/contributing to several parallel running projects.
•Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills in English.
• Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on: http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy‐guidance/deemed‐ exports/deemed‐exports‐faqs?view=category&id=33#subcat34
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience with distributed Web applications and technologies (HTTP, WebSockets, CoAP, OAuth, XML, EXI, JSON, node.js, etc.)
•Experience in control systems and automation technologies (including Cyber-Physical Systems and Wireless Sensor Networks)
•Experience in leading research projects and interfacing with universities, startups, government labs, etc.
•Experience in acquisition of funds from public agencies and customers
•Experience working with international and multi‐cultural teams
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Systems Administrator Jobs
- View more Computer Engineering Jobs
- View more Control Systems Jobs
- View more Research Jobs
- View more Software Engineering Jobs
- View more Vehicular Technology Jobs
- View more Siemens Corp. Research Jobs
View More Jobs in Milltown, NJ:
- View more jobs in Milltown, New Jersey
- Systems Administrator jobs in Milltown, New Jersey
- Computer Engineering jobs in Milltown, New Jersey
- Control Systems jobs in Milltown, New Jersey
- Research jobs in Milltown, New Jersey
- Software Engineering jobs in Milltown, New Jersey
- Vehicular Technology jobs in Milltown, New Jersey
- Siemens Corp. Research jobs in Milltown, New Jersey