Senior Software Electronics Engineer
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Programming/Systems
- Software Engineering
Job Title – Senior Software Electronics Engineer
Job Location – Roanoke, VA
Job Code – CS20161412-16043
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving our customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports customers in more than 125 countries, has approximately $8 billion in annual revenue and 22,000 employees worldwide. The company is organized into four business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems, Electronic Systems, and Critical Networks.
The role of the Senior Software Electronics Engineer automation engineer is to develop a process control concept into machinery, support/modify software and hardware on existing machinery or design new machine based process controls to meet manufacturing requirements. Experience and additional training in automated systems integration, software development, computer science, machine controls and robotics is preferred. This is considered a hybrid role: Specialty Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Software Engineering. Software development experience should include a variety of computer languages ranging from assembly language to higher order languages to address programming objectives related to automated industrial process control. Required skills consist of a working electrical/electronic knowledge of HMI devices, computer hardware, networking, PLC hardware, electronics, component level design, electrical layouts, pneumatics, hydraulics, motion control, vision, safety systems and CAD. This position requires advanced experience with machine vision systems and optical components.
It is necessary that the Senior Software Electronics Engineer demonstrate leadership and good communication skills to lead or work with a team of technicians, accountants, and engineers of multiple disciplines. The Senior Software Electronics Engineer may often serve as the project manager or team leader to organize the participating members of the team. The Engineer works across the facility, interfacing with all process departments.
A security clearance is required for access and control of confidential process parameters, data and ITAR sensitive information.
This individual will assist facilities and safety systems support.
- BSEE or BSEET with 10+ years of industrial automation / system integration experience
- This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship
Preferred Additional Skills:
- MS in a related field is preferred.
- Strong mathematical foundation, applied programming, machine vision experience with biological image analysis is ideal.
- Visual Studio.Net, Access, SQL, MS Office, MS Project, MS Windows.
- Working knowledge of electronic components and systems.
- Machine vision optical design, image analysis and integration experience with leading machine vision hardware/software manufacturers and libraries.
- Industrial Networking, PLC and PC based control systems environments.
- Robotics experience.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, applied sciences and programming skills to apply towards machine vision interpretation of soft edge objects.
- Lean Six Sigma
- Strong programming skills and adaptability among different languages and styles and industrial standards.
- Hands on technical experience.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Senior Software Engineer Jobs
- View more Computer Engineering Jobs
- View more Computer Programming/Systems Jobs
- View more Software Engineering Jobs
- View more Harris Corporation Jobs