Senior/Principal Research Engineer/Scientist/Associate for Electronic Warfare Analysis and Applications ACL- 655
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
- Electronics Engineer
Location: Atlanta, GA
- An MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related discipline and 5+ years relevant experience are required.
- This position requires experience in Radar systems for both air and ground based applications. A working knowledge of radar signal processing is important. In addition, experience in electronic warfare techniques is critical. This includes experience with electronic attack and electronic protection methods. Knowledge of modeling and simulation systems for EA/EP in one-on- one, few-on-few, and many on-many-scenarios is desirable. Experience with real time simulation and associated systems is an advantage. An MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related discipline is required.
- This is a senior level position with direct customer-facing responsibility. Communication skills, both written and oral, are critical. This person will be responsible for briefing program activities directly to sponsors at senior levels within the government.
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance are required.
Advanced Concepts Laboratory (ACL)
ACL focuses on the transition of basic academic research in electromagnetic effects and devices into prototype systems that demonstrate new capabilities. The capabilities of interest are typically sensing, scattering control, electromagnetic field control and measurement, and signal filtering, all of which support GTRI’s core system-level capabilities. In support of this work the laboratory develops and maintains world-class modeling and measurement capabilities for electromagnetic phenomena, from quasi-static to UV wavelengths. ACL is a leader in precise radio frequency (RF) and electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) measurements in addition to technology development.
To learn more about ACL, please visit www.gtri.gatech.edu/acl.
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
GTRI is a highly-regarded applied research and development organization. Each day, GTRI’s science and engineering expertise is used to solve some of the toughest problems facing government and industry across the nation and around the globe.
GTRI redefines innovation by tackling customers’ most complex challenges with the right mix of expertise, creativity and practicality. Our expert scientists and engineers turn ideas into workable solutions and then put those solutions into action. We have been a trusted government and industry partner since 1934.
GTRI has been recognized as one of Atlanta’s Best Places to Work by the Atlanta Business Chronicle 4 of the last 5 years!
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Ranked as the #7 best public university, Georgia Tech provides a focused, technologically based education to more than 21,500 undergraduate and graduate students.
Georgia Tech has many nationally recognized programs, all top-ranked by peers and publications alike, and is ranked in the nation’s top 10 public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
Degrees are offered through the colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.
The strong academic work ethic at Tech is balanced by a collegiate atmosphere incorporating both intercollegiate and intramural sports, campus traditions, and some 400 student organizations.
Alongside their academic achievements, Tech students are also active in the community, earning a well-rounded education through community service activities.
As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 centers focused on interdisciplinary research that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to American government, industry, and business.
There is no doubt that Georgia Tech stands out as a distinctively different kind of university, one that is eagerly encouraging and developing the revolutionary technologies of the 21st century.
Equipped with the extremely rich resources of an outstanding student body and faculty; strong partnerships with business, industry, and government; and support from alumni and friends, Georgia Tech is designing a future of global preeminence, leadership, and service.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Senior Manager Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Jobs