Senior Power/Electrical Engineer I (Design)
Job Title:Senior Power/Electrical Engineer I (Design)
*L-3 Power Paragon*is a worldwide leader in the engineering, development, manufacturing and integration of power conversion and distribution systems for defense, governmental and advanced industrial applications. Our company’s power conversion, power conditioning and power protection solutions can be found in a wide range of demanding military and commercial environments around the world.
Are you an experienced engineering professional with an in-depth design and development background working with high frequency power conversion equipment? If your answer is yes, look no further, L-3 Power Paragon has the job for YOU! We are seeking a Senior Power/Electrical Engineer with design experience to support our growing business in our Anaheim, CA location. Candidates must have experience with high power conversion (please make this clear on your resume).
In this role, you will provide power electronics engineering support for design, development, integration, operation and sustaining of electrical components, equipment and systems. You will participate in all stages of development from design through manufacturing support and system integration.
Your day to day activities will include the following (other duties may be assigned):
* Support marketing with proposals in area of conceptual designs, work break down structures, schedules and preliminary parts lists.
* Interpret customer specification to define requirements for power electronics circuit and systems design.
* Support new programs from conceptual design, through detail design to completion.
* Perform engineering analysis of power electrical circuits, equipment or systems.
* Write product and test specifications.
* Provide sustaining engineering on existing products and technical support for fielded equipment.
Your education/experience includes:
* Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (B.S.E.E.) or equivalent from a four-year college or university
* Master of Science or advanced degree preferred
* Minimum 10 years of experience in design of power conversion equipment and/or training
* Must have design familiarity with power conversion topologies and electrical components IGBTs, MOSFETs and SCRs used in power switching applications.
* Circuit analysis applications, PSPICE (for circuit analysis) and MATLAB (for system analysis) preferred.
* Magnetics design and closed control loop design experience, a plus.
* Must be able to work as a key member of the design team with other Power Design Engineers, Digital and Analog Engineers, System Engineers and Software Engineers.
* Proven effective communication with Senior Project Management and customer representatives is essential.
/Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance./
/Relocation assistance may be provided./
/We offer a commitment to work/life balance along with a competitive compensation package that includes:/
* 9/80 Work Week with Every Other Friday Off
* December Holiday Shutdown
* Onsite Company Restaurant Serves Breakfast and Lunch
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Education Tuition Reimbursement
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K
*Turn your interest into action - apply today!*
For additional information please visitwww.powerparagon.com
/L-3 Power Paragon is and Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity./
**Organization:** **Division - Power Paragon-20000063*
**Title:** *Senior Power/Electrical Engineer I (Design)*
**Requisition ID:** *081347*
Location:Anaheim, CA, 92805, USA