Senior EW /ISR Researcher - ELSYS -1338
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
- Electronics Engineer
Location: Dayton, OH
Description: The Dayton Operations Branch (DOB) of the ELSYS Systems Engineering Research Division is seeking qualified individuals to lead and contribute to a wide range of programs developing algorithms, tools and performing Systems Engineering and Modeling, Simulation & Analysis (MS&A) of advanced systems with a focus on Electronic Warfare (EW) and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) for our various sponsors at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB).
As part of the research team in Dayton the position affords many opportunities to and work directly with the sponsors on base at WPAFB including the Air Force Research Laboratories (AFRL) and the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC) on current projects and to help bring in new programs.
GTRI and the Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) are complementary institutions that work together to solve customers’ technical problems. Our strong connection to Georgia Tech opens the door to the vast intellectual resources of one of America’s leading research universities. We offer stability, world-class benefits and a flexible career path in an applied research and development environment.
- Develop and execute state-of-the-art algorithms and M&S tools to perform critical analysis of system performance
- Develop and integrate scripts to gather and analyze critical data from the simulation runs
- Assist in the design, development, and demonstration of simulation experiments
- Perform and document analysis on system performance
- Interface regularly with sponsors at WPAFB on current and future programs
Education: M.S or Ph.D degree in Electrical/Computer/Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or related fields. SRE - requires 7 years experience and a PRE - requires 11 years of relavent experience.
Experience: Systems Engineering and especially MS&A experience desired; but a background in research, design and analysis in any science or engineering related field accepted.
Desired Technical Skills: (not all required, experience in one is sufficient)
- MATLAB, C/C++, Python, Fortran
- Strong math skills and ability to learn complex engineering concepts
- Knowledge of Electronic Warfare (EW) domain
- Experience with Modeling and Simulation (especially standard Air Force models such as AFSIM, Suppressor, ESAMS, or STORM)
- Familiarity with Linux and open source tools
- Configuration management tools (git preferred)
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas to non-technical audience
- Ability to work independently as well as in a dynamic team environment
Other: Candidate must be a US citizen capable of holding a Secret DoD security clearance, active clearance a major plus.
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Ranked as the #7 best public university, Georgia Tech provides a focused, technologically based education to more than 21,500 undergraduate and graduate students.
Georgia Tech has many nationally recognized programs, all top-ranked by peers and publications alike, and is ranked in the nation’s top 10 public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
Degrees are offered through the colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.
The strong academic work ethic at Tech is balanced by a collegiate atmosphere incorporating both intercollegiate and intramural sports, campus traditions, and some 400 student organizations.
Alongside their academic achievements, Tech students are also active in the community, earning a well-rounded education through community service activities.
As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 centers focused on interdisciplinary research that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to American government, industry, and business.
There is no doubt that Georgia Tech stands out as a distinctively different kind of university, one that is eagerly encouraging and developing the revolutionary technologies of the 21st century.
Equipped with the extremely rich resources of an outstanding student body and faculty; strong partnerships with business, industry, and government; and support from alumni and friends, Georgia Tech is designing a future of global preeminence, leadership, and service.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Research Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Jobs