Senior Electronic/Electrical Engineer
- Electronics Engineer
Job Title:Senior Electronic/Electrical Engineer
MPG “Performance Driven is currently seeking a *Sr. Electronic Controls Engineer*to work in our Litchfield, MI facility.
The *Sr. Electronic Controls Engineer* is responsible for the integration, as well as optimization, of automation in our manufacturing cells. Responsibility includes all phases of projects from launch to production including: proposal, design, regulatory submittal and safety system design for a manufacturing environment, installation, commissioning, and post installation support. This role will effectively collaborate with other departments to drive the process.
The* Sr. Electronic Controls Engineer* will focus on the following key areas on a day to day basis:
* Install, set-up, and program various types of electrical devices; including vision systems, robotics, and automated material handling systems.
* Must be proficient with PLC programming including revisions and archiving, working with complex CNC and PLC electrical platforms including Fanuc and Allen Bradley.
* Adept knowledge of mechanical and electrical troubleshooting with proven ability to develop and edit electrical and mechanical schematics using provided software.
* Provides on-going manufacturing support by participating in problem solving, continuous improvement activity and Kaizen events as appropriate.
* Responsible for developing and controlling machine set-up instruction related to electrical controls.
* Work closely with engineering disciplines in the development and application of robotics to increase production quality, efficiency or volume.
* Develop and audit electrical and mechanical schematics.
* Creating detailed designs of a work cell with 100% responsibility of the controls and 10-20% of the mechanical components.
* Bachelor s Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering is preferred. An associate s degree or equivalent work experience may be acceptable in lieu of a Bachelor s degree.
* Five (5) years experience in automation, control system design and implementation in the automotive manufacturing industry.
* Fanuc controls/robotics, Allen-Bradley PLC/SLC and Barcode Reader, and Vision Systems experience required.
* Safety conscious individual
* Ability to create and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings and schematics.
* Ability to work effectively both independently and as a contributing member of cross functional teams.
* Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Location:Litchfield, MI, 49252, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more E-Commerce Business Analyst Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Metaldyne Jobs