Senior Electronic/Electrical Engineer
- Electronics Engineer
Job Title:Senior Electronic/Electrical Engineer
The Senior Electronic Controls Engineer is responsible for integration as well as optimization of automation in our manufacturing cells. In addition the Senior Electronic Controls Engineer will function as the onsite expert mentoring our controls technicians developing bench strength at our facility. This would encompass collaborating with other departments effectively driving the process.
*PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
* Install, set-up, and program various types of electrical devices; including vision systems, robotics, and automated material handling systems.
* Must be proficient with PLC programming including revisions and archiving, working with complex CNC and PLC electrical platforms including Fanuc and Allen Bradley.
* Adept knowledge of mechanical and electrical troubleshooting with proven ability to develop and edit electrical and mechanical schematics using provided software.
* Provides on-going manufacturing support by participating in problem solving, continuous improvement activity and Kaizen events as are appropriate.
* Responsible for developing and controlling machine set-up instruction related to electrical controls.
* Work closely with engineering disciplines in the development and application of robotics to increase production quality, efficiency or volume.
* Develop and audit electrical and mechanical schematics
* Creating detailed designs of a work cell with 100% responsibility of the controls and 10-20% of the mechanical components.
* *EDUCATION / WORK EXPERIENCE*
* Associate Degree in Applied Science, Automated Manufacturing, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
* Bachelor s Degree in Applied Science highly preferred
* Yamaha / NSK servo drives and GSE torque gun controls experience. Cognex & Siemens vision system experience highly preferred.
* Minimum five years experience with electrical controls engineering.
* Fanuc controls/robotics, Allen-Bradley PLC/SLC and Panelview experience is required.
* Excellent electrical & mechanical troubleshooting skills.
* Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
* Proficient working knowledge of hardware and operating systems for personal computers.
* Ability to multi task with attention to detail.
Location:Fremont, IN, 46737, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more E-Commerce Business Analyst Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Metaldyne Jobs