Senior Electrical Engineer -RSE
- Electronics Engineer
Job Title:Senior Electrical Engineer -RSE
Designs, develops, modifies, and evaluates electronic components and systems. Acts as an internal consultant providing instruction and technical guidance to engineers and other technical staff through the design and development process. Responsible for leading supplier design/development of display modules for automotive rear displays and touch panel designs.
*A DAY IN THE LIFE:*
* Determines the technical feasibility of new product concepts. Prepares detailed project plans including technical objectives and approaches, design specifications, test specifications, schedule plans, project cost estimates and product cost analyses.
* Directs and coordinates all work by engineers, support personnel, and outside groups involving design, development, drafting, prototype construction, and test and evaluation of product concepts.
* Responsible for the electrical design team through all phases of the program from the proposal stage (including concept development as well as generating written technical proposals) to the end of hardware qualification.
* Leads electrical design team through development of detailed performance specifications and technical designs, identify and implement qualification and acceptance test plans, lead problem solving efforts, and interaction with customer and supplier technical leads.
* Works with customer in development of display LCD specifications and requirements.
* Creates and develop specifications for Display Module optical and electrical requirements.
* Leads development of Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEAS) for display development.
* Leads and conduct design reviews with display suppliers.
* Designs and develops display driver interface boards (if necessary).
* May employ quality improvement and supplier relations approach utilizing customer required formats such as Production Parts.
* Approval Process (PPAP) and Advanced Production Quality Process (APQP) techniques.
* Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.
* Develops design process procedures and prepares information as needed in the design documentation process.
* Prepares schematics, product and component related specifications, and bills of materials as needed.
* Confirms accuracy of Bill of Material (BOM) and assembly data (CIM).
* Directs and coordinates the building of prototype products and systems.
* Responsible for determining component requirements appropriate to product.
* Confirms availability and facilitates acquisition of new components for builds.
* Generates and analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
* Responsible for determining root cause of product nonperformance utilizing appropriate test equipment. May confer with research resources to clarify or resolve component problems.
* Develops, participates in and analyzes research to determine feasibility of proposed product specifications.
* Participates in development of design process procedure and plan development of experimental test programs.
* Develops test and design process procedures evaluating test results for possible application to other products and/or systems.
* Mentors engineers and technical support personnel in technical areas as required.
* Interprets and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
* Prepares reports, charts, graphs, and other statistical information.
* Initiates, recommends, and/or provides solutions through designated channels.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of five (5) years of experience; or a minimum of ten (10) years of electric design experience of design experience with automotive display technologies, including LCD, TFT, OLED and VF, active and passive required.
* Must have experience with the design and development of automotive displays.
* Design or related experience with MVA and IPS display technology.
* Design or related experience with touch screen displays and technology.
* Knowledge of display measurement tools and techniques.
* Experience in automotive environmental and electro-magnetic compatibility requirements.
* Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) evaluation and countermeasure experience.
* Must be able to determine component requirements appropriate to product.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Windows-based databases as appropriate to the position and assignment.
*SOME OF THE TOYS YOU GET TO PLAY WITH:*
* Prototype Products And Systems
* Reports, Charts, Graphs
* MVA And IPS Touch Screen Displays And Technology
* Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
*BENEFITS AND PERKS WE'RE ALL ABOUT YOU:*
* Great Benefits Company-matched 401K retirement savings
* Annual Bonus Program
* Educational Assistance and Reimbursement Program
* Relaxed dress code
* Onsite Recreation Center & Cafe
* Telecommuter and Work Mobility Program
* Onsite Happy Hours!
*WHO WE ARE:*
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
*WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:*
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.
Location:Peachtree City, GA, 30269, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Specialist Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Panasonic Jobs