Senior Electrical Engineer
- Biomedical Engineering
- Electronics Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer - Medical Devices
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. Stryker products and services are available in over 100 countries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Member of Research & Development engineering team developing board/system designs for next generation, or next iteration, of biomedical devices. This person will design and/or lead the design of complex electronic components and circuits to meet the product design requirements for new, or existing products. Work includes the design, fabrication, modification, test, and documentation of electronic components, circuits, and systems for use in biomedical devices. Works under limited direct supervision in the application of standard principles, theories, concepts, and techniques. Provides solutions to a variety of problems, demonstrates knowledge of current technical and recent advancements and contributes to the product design, or iteration, from planning and concept phase through verification/qualification. Works well as part of a cross-functional team and provides technical support for the team to solve complex problems.
- Execute electronic circuit and/or component designs of moderate to complex mixed signal circuits, including feasibility assessment, part selection, schematics, simulation, performing or guiding PCB layout, board bring-up & test, software integration, design for EMC and manufacturability (DFM).
- Researches, develops, designs, tests, and documents electrical components, equipment and systems.
- Recommends design modifications as indicated by analysis, test, and usage.
- Independently determines and develops solutions to solve complex engineering problems.
- Utilize electronic lab test equipment, such as logic analyzers and oscilloscopes to debug circuit and system issues.
- Implements and/or reviews engineering documentation of high complexity.
- Translate system performance and operational specifications into electrical plans, requirements, designs and verification plans and protocols.
- Conduct root cause analysis and risk analysis, developing and implementing corrective actions.
- Works with cross functional teams to reach consensus on difficult system-level tradeoffs to solve issues
- Directs and/or assists designers at contracted or partner companies and affiliated organizations.
- Complete and maintain all required quality system training and comply with all quality system procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience
5 years directly related experience
- Experience and success with concept-to-production engineering, including high level design, detailed design, schematic entry, simulation, layout management, prototype assembly logistics, board bring-up, lab debugging, system integration, design verification, and manufacturing handoff.
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field of electrical engineering, including but not limited to power supplies, A/D and D/A converters, battery chargers and monitor circuits, microcontroller/microprocessors, and programmable logic designs.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven.
- Time and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Experience with eCentral or other product lifecycle management tools.
- Knowledge of the IEC 60601-x standards.
- Experience with signal processing, algorithm development, and data analysis.
Office and light manufacturing environment requiring significant use of standard office equipment, including computer keyboard, monitor, and mouse
Position may require some domestic and/or international travel, and extended hours as needed
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Specialist Jobs
- View more Biomedical Engineering Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Stryker Medical Jobs