Senior Electrical Engineer
Job Title:Senior Electrical Engineer
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Gas Turbine accessories team is focus on Changes, modifications and updates of GT units. Responsible for assigned accessories systems such as Gas fuel, hydraulics, cooling water, valves, piping, purge, heating and ventilation among others.Implement and support effective solutions to meet customer needs.
Extensive interaction with cross functional teams, Requisition Engineering, Accessories Engineering, Sourcing, Vendor) to understand and agree the impact for hardware changes and drawings to meet Customer specials request.
Sr. Electrical Engineer is a critical role responsible for identifying & enabling the implementation of leading edge power generation technologies related to significant upgrades to our customer’s Simple & Combined Cycle power plants. This role is instrumental in leading & enabling Customer outcomes in highly complex plant solutions, ensuring full benefit of upgrades leveraging the GE Store. Provide technical leadership and support to the ES CM&U engineering team to meet customer requirements.
The Power Services (PS) Engineering team in Latin America (LatAm) is looking for a highly effective and energetic Senior Electrical Engineer with proven results related to technical power plant electrical systems for simple and combined cycle power plants. This includes an individual with significant engineering, design, performance evaluation in electrical downstream equipment (i.e. Iso-phase duct, generator circuit breakers, step-up transformers, start-up and excitation systems, etc) and experience that seeks a challenging and rewarding technical career path driving the implementation of leading edge power generation technologies.
As Sr. Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for leading some of Power service’s most challenging projects, including the long term identification, development & management of technology & integrated electrical systems solutions for our customers’ complex project /complex upgrade opportunities. You will be responsible for the ownership, management & fulfillment of assigned projects & activities, including the consolidation of scope definition for multi-technology / complex ensuring smooth & effective ITO/OTR transition (Continuity) & will be responsible for driving cost of quality reductions resulting from the fulfillment of the opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or any other related engineering degree from an accredited university or college.
- At least 10+ years of experience in an electrical engineering capacity
- Simple and/or Combined Cycle Power Plant electrical systems experience
- Proven successful experience as a technical mentor for the business.
- Solve quality and multiple issues.
- Proactively serve in cross functional leadership teams to achieve business goal.
- Demonstrated ability in analyzing and solving problems
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
- Excellent written, oral production and comprehension abilities in English and Spanish.
- Demonstrated ability to document, plan, market and manage programs that further the knowledge, understanding and capability of the business
• Legal right to work in Mexico. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
-Demonstrated experience and/or knowledge with simple/combined cycle power plant engineering design, EPC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction), energy consulting, systems commissioning, maintenance, and/or upgrades including Gas, steam, Generator, HRSG, Steam/condensate systems, Plant Performance evaluation,
- Demonstrated experience with Customer Executive level management, mid-level management and daily operations and maintenance teams
- Experience in Consulting Engineering; Engineering Studies, Systems Engineering, Applications Engineering, Requisition Engineering, Electrical Plant Evaluations, Performance Engineering, Site equipment/systems optimization and/or Field Engineering
- Demonstrated experience successfully communicating with senior executives, both verbally and in writing
- Strong ability to understand, define and communicate interrelationships between electrical component design and systems interface, systems interaction & systems performance.
- Masters in Electrical Engineering or related field
**Locations:** Mexico; Queretaro
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.