Senior Electrical Engineer
- Electronics Engineer
Job Title:Senior Electrical Engineer
The Opportunity | Senior Electrical Engineer
As a Senior Electronic Engineer, you will design, develop and test a wide range of electrical components, equipment and machinery. You may use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform assignment. This role involves applying principles and techniques of electrical engineering to accomplish goals. Familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures. Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals. Creativity and latitude is expected to resolve problems of diverse scope.
* Determines design approaches and parameters
* Analyzes equipment to establish operating data, conducts a wide range of experimental tests and evaluates results
* Selects components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability
* May review vendor capability to support product development
* Effectively manage and support New Product Introduction (NPI), Specifically the design of electronic circuitry, circuit design and PCB layout
* Ensure all design and procurement activities meet the specified NPI needs and deadlines, as well as any internal quality and industry regulatory standards
* Effectively manage and support exisitng products by analyzing /debugging interface circuits for customer applications. Ensure issues are addressed and resolved in a timely manner, with minimal disruption to production.
* Oversee the review of products (both NPI and existing) for Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), ensuring that the capability of electronic equipment or systems can operate in the intended application.
* Actively participate in cross functional teams to identify and address production and development issues Ensures teams take appropriate steps to trouble shoot problems as they arise in order to minimize defects on final manufactured parts and products
* Manage and lead the development of new testing hardware and software to support the manufacturing operation, as well as new product development, on an as needed basis
* Interface with Manufacturing Engineers on issues regarding NPI, PCB and EMC requirements
* Proficiency in design, developing and testing electrical components, equipment and machinery
* Ability to make decisions or suggestions based on rules or procedure's
* CAD circuit design software, circuit simulation software (Altium experience is a plus
* Equipment Operation (Voltmeter, Oscilloscope, Power supply, Helmholtz Coil, Frequency generator)
* Design for EMC
* Experience with Design and Process FMEAs preferred
* Root cause analysis
* Worst case analysis
* Customer-focus mindset with strong interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills
* Superior planning and organization skills with attention to detail; ability to operate under pressure and meet deadlines
* Proficiency in Microsoft products: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Visio
* Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and as a team.
Education & Experience
* Bachelors' Degree in Electrical Engineering
* Minimum of 4 years related engineering experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment, ideally in the automobile or commercial vehicle industry
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Location:Portland, OR, 97240, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Specialist Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Curt Jobs