Senior Electrical Engineer
- Electronics Engineer
Job Title:Senior Electrical Engineer
Participates in and may lead a hardware development team. Assist in the design, development, modification, and evaluation of electronic components and systems. May be needed to instruct and provide technical guidance to engineers and other technical staff through the design and development process.
*A DAY IN THE LIFE:*
* Develop designs for electrical subsystems for electrical components.
* Confer with other Senior and Staff Engineers to prepare and document design modifications as required.
* May employ quality improvement and supplier relations approach utilizing customer required formats such as Production Parts Approval Process (PPAP) and Advanced Production Quality Process (APQP) techniques.
* Use computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.
* Prepare information as needed in the design documentation process.
* Prepare schematics, product and component related specifications, and bills of materials as needed.
* Confirm accuracy of Bill of Materials (BOM) and assembly data (CIM).
* Responsible for determining component requirements appropriate to product.
* Partners with purchasing to confirm availability and facilitate acquisition of new components for builds.
* Plan, develop, and participate in experimentation and tests related to product development.
* Generate and analyze test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
* Responsible for determining root cause of product nonperformance utilizing appropriate test equipment. May confer with research resources to clarify or resolve component problems.
* Develop, participate in and analyze research to determine feasibility of proposed product specifications.
* Participate in development of design process procedure and plan development of experimental test programs.
* Develop test and design process procedures evaluating test results for possible application to other products and/or systems.
* Provide assistance and technical guidance to less experienced engineers.
* Must gain knowledge of budget requirements related to product development.
* Interprets and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
* Prepares reports, charts, graphs, and other statistical information.
* Will initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of five (5) years of experience; or a minimum of ten (10) years of electric design experience in electronics products within two of the five areas: Audio, Embedded Processors, RF, Video or Power.
* Three (3) years of hardware (electronic circuit) design experience required (Automotive preferred).
* Must be familiar with board design, architecture, layout, EMC, microprocessor, and other component selection (LED, voltage regulator, etc.).
* Must possess good theoretical knowledge of problems / tasks required.
* Must possess broad understanding of various areas within main discipline.
* Automotive electronics/infotainment development experience preferred.
* Proficiency with C, C is a plus.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows-based databases as appropriate to the position and assignment.
/(Use any of the following when applicable)/
* Experience in Analog/Digital domains and various signals (audio, video, some RF, power supply, DSP, microprocessors, etc).
* Ability to use or learn schematic capture system (Zuken).
* Ability to use or learn BOM system (Agile).
*SOME OF THE TOYS YOU GET TO PLAY WITH:*
* Automotive Electronics
* Analog/Digital Domains
* BOM System
*BENEFITS AND PERKS WE'RE ALL ABOUT YOU:*
* Great Benefits Company-matched 401K retirement savings
* Annual Bonus Program
* Educational Assistance and Reimbursement Program
* Relaxed dress code
* Onsite Recreation Center & Cafe
* Telecommuter and Work Mobility Program
* Onsite Happy Hours!
*WHO WE ARE:*
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
*WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:*
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.
Location:Peachtree City, GA, 30269, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Specialist Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Panasonic Jobs