Senior Electrical Engineer
- Electronics Engineer
Job Title:Senior Electrical Engineer
Participates in and maylead a hardware development team. Assists in the design, development,modification, and evaluation of electronic components and systems. May instructand provide technical guidance to engineers and other technical staff throughthe design and development process.
*ADAY IN THE LIFE:*
* Developsdesigns for electrical subsystems for electrical components.
* Conferswith other Senior and Staff Engineers to prepare and document design modificationsas required.
* Mayemploy quality improvement and supplier relations approach utilizing customerrequired formats such as Production Parts Approval Process (PPAP) and AdvancedProduction Quality Process (APQP) techniques.
* Usescomputer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to performengineering and design tasks.
* Preparesinformation as needed in the design documentation process.
* Preparesschematics, product and component related specifications, and bills ofmaterials as needed.
* Confirmsaccuracy of Bill of Materials (BOM) and assembly data (CIM).
* Responsiblefor determining component requirements appropriate to product.
* Partnerswith purchasing to confirm availability and facilitate acquisition of newcomponents for builds.
* Plans,develops, and participates in experimentation and tests related to productdevelopment.
* Generatesand analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional andperformance specifications.
* Responsiblefor determining root cause of product nonperformance utilizing appropriate testequipment. May confer with research resources to clarify or resolve componentproblems.
* Develops,participates in and analyze researches to determine feasibility of proposedproduct specifications.
* Participatesin development of design process procedure and plan development of experimentaltest programs.
* Developstest and designs process procedures evaluating test results for possibleapplication to other products and/or systems.
* Providesassistance and technical guidance to less experienced engineers.
* Interpretsand complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
* Preparesreports, charts, graphs, and other statistical information.
* Willinitiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
* Performsother related duties as assigned.
* Four-yearCollege Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering;Math) and a minimum of five (5) years of experience; or a minimum of ten (10)years of electric design experience in electronics products within two of thefive areas: Audio, Embedded Processors, RF, Video or Power.
* Experienceto include three (3) years of hardware (electronic circuit) design experiencerequired (Automotive preferred).
* Mustbe familiar with board design, architecture, layout, EMC, microprocessor, andother component selection (LED, voltage regulator, etc.).
* Mustpossess good theoretical knowledge of problems / tasks required.
* Mustpossess broad understanding of various areas within main discipline.
* Automotiveelectronics/infotainment development experience preferred.
* Proficiencywith C, C is a plus.
* Proficiencywith Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows-based databases asappropriate to the position and assignment.
*SOME OF THE TOYS YOU GET TO PLAY WITH:*
* ExperimentalTest Programs
* Reports,Charts, Graphs
* MicrosoftWord, Excel, PowerPoint
*BENEFITS AND PERKS WE'RE ALL ABOUT YOU:*
* GreatBenefits Company-matched 401K retirement savings
* AnnualBonus Program
* EducationalAssistance and Reimbursement Program
* Relaxeddress code
* OnsiteRecreation Center & Cafe
* Telecommuterand Work Mobility Program
* OnsiteHappy Hours!
*WHO WE ARE:*
At Panasonic, ourtechnology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverseindustries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we findways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or throughsafety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic AutomotiveSystems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier toAutomotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's) for infotainment systemsand advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler,Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving ourcustomers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road wepride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
*WETAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:*
Panasonicis an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race,color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or anyother characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals arerequired to perform the essential functions of the job with or withoutreasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses,we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates musthave valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest inPanasonic Automotive Systems of America.
Location:Peachtree City, GA, 30269, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Specialist Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Panasonic Jobs