Senior Electrical Engineer
- Electronics Engineer
Job Title:Senior Electrical Engineer
**Danaher Company Description**
Kerr Corporation, one of the many successful companies owned by Danaher Corporation is a manufacturer of premiere dental consumables sold both domestically and internationally. Since 1891, Kerr has continued to build on its core competencies in developing innovative products for dental restorative procedures. With manufacturing, marketing and sales locations worldwide, Kerr is advancing esthetic dentistry through education and sustainable solutions for the clinician. Kerr's team spirited work environment encourages opportunities for personal and professional growth. Headquartered in Orange, CA., Kerr employs over 2,000 associates worldwide with manufacturing and administration offices located in the US, Switzerland, Czech Republic, and Italy.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible to lead electrical design activities implementing innovative and cost effective product solutions in order to support the organization from prototype development through full-scale production.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible to evaluate and develop electrical and electronic systems specifications, products, components and applications
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Guarantee all activities related to products and processes development during project phases in accordance with Advance Product Development procedure,
* Participate in engineering design through all phases of the process; including ,feasibility, prototype, design input, pre-verification, qualification , verification and product design transfer to Kerr manufacturing sites
* Responsible for project management, Interface closely with production and purchasing personnel to identify and approve suppliers
* Conduct design and drawing reviews, and deviation requests.
* Evaluate current product performance shortcomings with respect to function, reliability, and usability.
* Design and Develop in accordance with applicable industry standards for both medical and electronic devices
* Define new electrical product architecture, analyze performances and provide feasibility studies,
* Promote and lead review phases during product development (Risk analysis, DFMEA, PFMEA).
* Realize, studies, calculations, drawings, Engineering analysis and the graphical representations, necessary to define the new concepts developed.
* Realize the engineering of the equipment needed to test the products developed.
* Select suitable technical solutions according to market requirements and economical preference.
* Contribute in materials selection to guarantee product technical specifications.
* Guarantee projects deliverables in accordance with defined project plans.
* Provide high quality technical reports supported by simulations and/or lab tests.
* Support R&D team during development of new ideas and products, actively participating to brainstorming sessions and feasibility studies.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
* 4 years of related job experience
Experience: * Experience in product development: requirements, analysis, traceability, documentation, and generation of concepts of operation.
* Capable of design integrated circuits and knowledgeable of PC board layout design and fabrication processes.
* Knowledgeable of emerging technology related electrical hardware.
* Experience with developing products using Medical design controls that meet FDA, IEC or similar regulatory standards
* Job skills in operation of lab equipment, troubleshooting and bench testing of circuit designs.
* FPGA design and verification experience
* EMI and EMC experience
* Experience with complex electro-mechanical systems
* Experience with motor control
* New Production Introduction (NPI) experience
* Good technical understanding and experience in project management
* Prior experience in R&D dental market is desired
* Understanding of Failure and root cause analysis
* Prior experience working in a multicultural/multinational business
* Strong leadership and teamwork
* Vendor management
* Ability to communicate effectively across the enterprise, as well as various groups such as Regulatory, QA/QC, Supply Chain, internal customers (Marketing, Customer Service, Sales) and external suppliers
* Very flexible and motivated
* High level of commitment to the success of a project
* Problem solving
* Fluent in English both spoken and written
* Willing to travel abroad for small periods of time
Physical Demands/Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Kerr Corporation reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities, and position titles as it deems necessary to meet the needs of its business.
/ Kerr Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. / ,
**Danaher Corporation Overview**
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.5B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
**Job Function:** Engineering
**Primary Location:** North America-United States-CA-Orange
**Req ID:** KER001077
Location:Orange, CA, 92864, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Specialist Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Danaher Corporation Jobs